What do you have planned for Mother’s Day? With a few days left to plan, I’ve put together some brunch ideas that are pretty and festive and a great way to enjoy the morning.
Whether you want to create this for your own mother, a group of girlfriends who are moms, or set the table for you and your own young children, here is the plan for you.
Set the Table
- Set a pretty, but simple table with a lace table topper and a few bunches of flowers.
- Lace and doilies always say “mom” or “ladies” to me.
- Keep the flowers in one or two colors for a stronger statement.
- Tie on a special chair sign so mom knows exactly where to sit.
Serve a menu of delicious food that pleases everyone’s palette.
- Individual portions of quiche or frittatas makes for a pretty presentation and is a hearty main course.
- Who doesn’t love bacon, right! Add a twist with this cornmeal & brown sugar coated recipe.
- Growing up in the South, biscuits are a staple at the breakfast table. Serve them with a variety of flavored butters. Choose both savory and sweet options – herb, honey walnut, fruit flavors.
- Serve fresh fruit with a little yogurt and granola to end the meal on a light and healthy note.
- Finally, make a sweet toast to mom with a mimosa, and have a Happy Mother’s Day!