When it comes to party hors d’oeuvres, bacon appetizers and bacon snacks are a crowd pleaser for any occasion from cocktail parties to game day to brunch! This complete guide has our favorite recipes guests love, and they’re all simple, easy and delicious.
In all my years of hosting and entertaining, I’ve found that appetizers with bacon are the first thing on the menu to be devoured! I’m rounding up all the best recipes and small bites I’ve created over the years, to rave reviews.
Bacon is salty and works well for savory bites, but it’s also excellent paired with sugar or sweet ingredients so you get that satisfying balance of sweet & salty.
Whether you’re looking for make-ahead breakfast appetizers, bacon wrapped bites, finger food or a classic cheeseball, I’ve got a recipe for you!
The Best Bacon Appetizers
- This collection has some of the tastiest recipes you can make, and they’ve all stood the test of time and satisfied hungry crowds.
- You can make them in advance, store them in the refrigerator, and cook them just before guests arrive.
- They are perfect at room temperature and your guests will be begging for more!
- They are loved by men, women, and kids. If you’re looking for something easy to assemble to round out your party menu, pick one of these delicious bites to serve.
- One of the things that makes each of these exceptional recipes is that they are perfect for a cocktail party, dinner party hors d’oeuvres, as well as brunch. They’re so versatile!
When to Serve Them
Since these appetizers hold up well at room temperature, it makes them ideal for easy entertaining and occasions like these.
- A Christmas cocktail party and holiday girls night in.
- Light hors d’oeuvres for a dinner party menu.
- A New Years Eve buffet of finger foods.
- Tailgating recipes and game day party food, and of course Super bowl party snacks.
- Add them to a breakfast buffet for a protein-packed option.
- Ladies night in or ladies’ luncheons and get-togethers.
- They’re easy to make and take to a potluck party.
These recipes include finger food items that are wrapped in bacon and baked in the oven. They’re easy to make but you should carve out time to prepare them since you have to wrap each one individually.
The good thing is that they’re made ahead, you can cover and store them in the fridge, and then bake and serve when ready!
Little Smokies Wrapped in Bacon
Grab the recipe card below for this easy meat lovers recipe. They’ve been a tried and true appetizer for two decades and have just three ingredients.
Brown sugar gets melted and caramelized in the oven and gives balance to these salty bites. You may want to make a triple batch for a crowd because no one can stop at just one!
These bacon wrapped appetizers are a no-fail recipe I love to serve, and they’ve been a crowd pleaser for 20 years. This small bite has it all, sweet, salty and crunchy!
Sweet dried apricots are stuffed with an almond, wrapped in bacon, and cooked to perfection.
Add the simple dipping sauce on the side for an appetizer people are begging for.
Bacon Wrapped Crackers
There are two versions of bacon wrapped crackers. One sweet and one savory. I love it made with club crackers and parmesan cheese, but brown sugar is awesome too.
The flavors here are superb and work well for breakfast or happy hour. They’re little bites of heaven!
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites
These bacon wrapped chicken bites are irresistible! Small chicken strips are paired with water chestnuts, pickled jalapeno, and wrapped in bacon. It’s the perfect marriage of texture and flavor.
Dates with Blue Cheese
Bacon wrapped dates are stuffed with mild blue cheese. I use gorgonzola for a creamy delicious hors d’oeuvres that combines sweet & savory. And, you can drizzle them with honey before serving, if you like.
Don’t stop with using blue cheese though. These taste great with goat cheese or Manchego too.
All you need are four simple ingredients to make these yummy jalapeno poppers with blue cheese. Cream cheese and blue cheese blend together for a delightful base, and it’s all wrapped in bacon.
TIP: Make these with another cheese in place of the blue cheese. Use sharp or white cheddar for a traditional taste.
Bacon Finger Food
Finger foods can impress a crowd. These recipes generally use crumbled bacon throughout or are topped with bacon, and they have a base or vessel that’s easy to pick up and eat.
Baked Brie Bites
Thin crispy phyllo shells are convenient and easy to fill, and all you need are 3 ingredients for the filling in baked brie phyllo cups. Brie, apple butter and bacon come together in an incredible combo!
It’s sweet, savory, creamy and crunchy all in one bite. They’re equally at home at fancy cocktail parties or girls night in.
These are excellent for fall parties, Thanksgiving appetizers or Friendsgiving.
Cheddar and Bacon Crostini
Hand held cheese and bacon crostini are easy to pick up and eat, and this combination of ingredients is basically comfort food. Cheddar cheese and bacon on French bread is delectable and simple to make ahead and bake when ready.
Baked Jalapeno Popper with Crumbled Bacon
Easy baked jalapeño poppers are stuffed with cream cheese, cheddar and bacon, and topped with an irresistible bread crumb topping. They’re great to make ahead for casual gatherings.
Don’t worry about the heat level. Removing the seeds and cooking the jalapeno keeps it mild.
Mini Party Sandwiches
These mini club sandwiches are good on their own, but the tomato and bacon spread is what takes them to the next level. These are fantastic as a heavy appetizer or serve them for a ladies’ luncheon buffet.
Cheesy Bacon Potato Bites
What could be more comforting than bacon, cheese, and potatoes? Waffle fries are the base for these cheese bacon potato bites that are appropriate for breakfast or with cocktails.
Serve up these bacon snacks in 30 minutes or less. They’re great for less formal gatherings like happy hour cocktails, a movie night, or a casual get-together.
Blue Cheese & Balsamic Chips
This kettle chips snack is similar to potato chip nachos, and was inspired by a restaurant menu item. Little more than assembly is required but you just might need to make an extra batch because everyone loves them!
Use the mini size frozen perogies to make this yummy snack. They’re topped with southwestern flavors and salty crumbled bacon. Tasty pierogi appetizers is the snack recipe you didn’t know you needed!
Add this simple item to your holiday brunch charcuterie board or breakfast buffet table. Thread the bacon onto wooden skewers for a cute presentation, and cook them in the oven for convenience. Plus, there’s an easy technique that guarantees a crispy bite.
Bacon Cheese Ball
Cheese and bacon are a quintessential pairing so it only seems right to have a cheese ball with bits of bacon throughout. A cheese ball is right at home on any appetizer buffet.
A cheese ball with bacon is a delicious part of any party table. Make this football shaped cheese ball recipe for game day and Super Bowl, OR form it into a ball for year round entertaining for any occasion. This classic recipe has cream cheese, sharp cheddar, crumbled bacon, green onions and pecans for a party in your mouth!
It goes together in minutes and then you let it chill in the fridge so all the flavors blend together.
Serve with sturdy crackers, pretzel chips, bagel chips or vegetables.
- I love to use Center Cut bacon for most recipes because it’s meatier with less fat. Although, traditional slices are suitable and a bit less expensive.
- Use thick cut bacon when you’re using it for crumbled bacon in recipes. It works well with dips and spreads. It’s a bit too thick to use in wrapped appetizers.
- You can find less-sodium bacon too, which you can use without affecting the flavor of the recipes.
- If you need to dice the bacon before cooking it, put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes to firm it up. That will make it easier to cut, slice or chop without tearing.
- Many recipes with bacon are low carb or keto friendly.
More Easy Appetizers
Here are some more options to help you round out your party menu.
Now grab your ingredients to make this mouth-watering recipe. They’re at the top of everyone’s list of best bacon appetizers!
- Little Smokies sausages, any variety
- Center Cut bacon
- Brown sugar
- 1 12-ounce package Little Smokies
- 1 12-ounce package Center Cut bacon, cut in half
- ⅔ cup Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prep for baking by lining a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Place baking rack on top of it.
- Wrap bacon slices around each little smokey and place on baking rack, seam side down. Use toothpicks to hold together if necessary.
- Sprinkle each one with about a teaspoon of brown sugar and press down lightly to adhere it to the bacon.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until bacon is cooked through to your desired crispness.
Double or triple the recipe for a crowd!