Host a spring ladies luncheon & tablescape to celebrate the girls. You’ll love these table decorating ideas and easy luncheon menu. These party tips can be incorporated into a bridesmaid luncheon or garden party. See even more ideas to host a ladies luncheon here.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
Ideas to host a Spring Ladies Luncheon
Today we’re hosting a spring ladies luncheon to celebrate the season. I’m creating a beautiful table setting, serving a great meal, and taking a shortcut to dessert.
Celebrating spring and Easter with the family is something we all look forward to each year. I’ve already shared an Easter entertaining guide, and today I’ve got even more that can be applied to the holiday or for a spring ladies luncheon.
Spring entertaining is unique in that it’s a time to incorporate soft colors, lots of floral details, and the menu begins to take a turn. We typically say goodbye to the soup bar and hello to lighter fare like salads and chicken dishes.
More Ideas for a Spring Luncheon
There are so many occasions to host a girls only lunch party. Here are some more decorating ideas and menus to check out.
- Host a lovely party outside with these ideas for a garden party.
- This bridesmaid luncheon is beautiful and has tons of ideas for a modern day tea party vibe.
- These gorgeous ladies get-together ideas will make you swoon!
- Celebrate with your mom friends or your mother with a mothers day brunch.
What food to serve at a ladies luncheon
One of my favorite things about planning a party is planning the menu. I’m very methodical when it comes to creating a well rounded meal. I also like to prepare some things from scratch, and purchase others. This way I’m not exhausted by the time the first guest arrives.
For this ladies luncheon I’m making the main course items and purchasing these delicious mini chocolate mousse desserts. They look so cute on my table because the shape is like that of a flower. Perfect for spring entertaining!
Ladies Lunch Menu
- Appetizer course – These are the most delicious deviled eggs with bacon that I’ve ever had. It’s my go-to recipe and you can save time making them by purchasing hard boiled and peeled eggs at the grocery store. They are an Easter staple around here too.
- Entree – A ladies luncheon typically includes a light entree such as chicken or even tea sandwiches. Tea sandwiches are not just for tea parties! Here I’ve got tea sandwiches with 3 filling recipes that are great for a luncheon menu. Another option is to serve these sesame chicken salad in puff pastry cups.
- Side dish – The side items for a ladies luncheon menu should be light and easy to eat. This roasted grape salad has become one of my favorites and the roasted grapes are usually a surprise to guests. This marinated green bean salad is also great and must be made ahead which saves time on party day.
- Dessert – Finally, dessert is always a good item to purchase and these Delizza mini chocolate mousses are made with real Belgian chocolate. You can dress up the presentation with flowers like I did here. They’re shaped like a small flower so I added bay leaves and pansies to highlight that. If using flowers to decorate with, make sure they are indeed edible and pesticide free.
Place them on the table so guests can keep their seat as they help themselves to the light, creamy filling with chocolate candy base! Put them on a pedestal to add height to the table.
Setting the table for a Luncheon Party
A gorgeous spring tablescape will help set the scene for your party. Here are some tips.
- It’s time to set the table for a ladies luncheon now that your spring luncheon menu has been established. Instead of using an array of pastel colors like pink or yellow, why not use a combination like blue and purple? It’s a rather unexpected combo but it looks beautiful together.
- First lay a foundation table topper. This is just fabric right off the bolt. No sewing required. It has a muted purple and off white pattern so it instantly adds color to a basic table.
- Layer place settings with a clean white charger, classic blue patterned dinner plates, and small white dessert plates. For the blue plates you can use your grandmothers classic blue willow or find something new and modern at the home store.
- Complete the place setting with colorful water glasses. These purple glasses coordinate with the table cover, while the blue plates coordinate with the floral centerpiece.
Table favors for ladies luncheon
Add a cute party favor to finish off each place setting and add more detail to the tablescape. Table favors are such a great way to add creativity in your table setting.
- Here I used mini jars of honey and jam. You can write guests’ names directly on the jar using glass markers. This way they act as a place card as well as a party favor.
- I placed a small glass dome over each jar in order to add even more impact to the overall look of the ladies luncheon tablescape.
HOSTESS TIP: If you don’t have enough glass domes, use a small stemless wine glass turned upside down. The shape is very similar to the domes so it will blend right in.
- Remember that guest party favors don’t have to be extravagant or expensive. Try to keep them in theme with the occasion and customize them with name tags or glass markers if you can.
Now that you have an entire party plan for a spring ladies luncheon, you can start sending those invitations!