So you want ideas to Host a Ladies Luncheon for your friends, moms, or brides? I’ve got you covered with ideas to celebrate your favorite ladies. This pretty table setting is perfect for my luncheon menu. And there’s a dessert bar with sparkling rosé and a doughnut tree – so sweet! These ladies luncheon ideas are for Mothers day, baby or bridal showers, and more. Pop a bottle of bubbly and welcome guests with champagne and donuts. You’re going to love these ideas for stylish entertaining at home. And for more inspiration check out this ‘something blue’ bridal shower brunch.
Ideas for a ladies luncheon
In celebration of warm weather and seasonal events like mother’s day and bridal showers, I thought it would be fun to host a ladies luncheon. This is a great opportunity to get together with some best friends to eat light fare, drink some bubbly, indulge in sweet treats, and have great conversation together. Think of it as the NEW galentine’s party!
This is a great idea for weekend entertaining. In fact you could forego the luncheon and simply host a “donuts and Rosé” brunch or dessert bar for happy hour if you like!
I’ve prepared some sweet ideas and recipes, and I’m serving up plenty of sparkling wine so get ready to party!
Serve this Menu for ladies luncheon
When you’re hosting a luncheon for the ladies you want it to be rather light but full of flavor. This menu does just that.
- Start with a simple cheese and charcuterie board. It’s easy to go bigger if you need to, but a couple of cheeses, good quality meat, and some tasty artisan crackers will do just fine.
- One of my favorite dishes to serve for the gals is this roasted grape salad. It’s something that is a bit unique with the roasted grapes, and it will definitely be a winner!
- I’ve served these honey chicken salad cups at many showers and luncheons over the years. And the reason is because they’re easy to make and so delicious. I’ve served them in mini pastry cups here but you could also use phyllo cups or make croissant sandwiches.
- Add one more side dish item like my savory & sweet broccoli salad or this delicious corn salad. You’re going to want to keep things light because what comes next is total indulgence.
Host a ladies luncheon with a pretty spring table setting
- Set up the party outside if you can, to enjoy the lovely spring weather. Layer beautiful coordinating plates for each place setting. I use a mix of classic white plates, vintage depression glass salad plates, and modern striped dessert plates.
- A mixed floral centerpiece decorates the table, while each guest also gets her own mini vase at her place setting. She can take this home as a party favor, along with a small sachet of Sugar Shapes from Artisan Sugars.
- Give your guests a taste of the artisan sugars beforehand with a cute pink jasmine sugar charms hanging on the side of the champagne coupes. Just drop it into prosecco for added flavor similar to that of a champagne cocktail.
- Keep the tablescape minimal and served the food family-style. This makes a party feel more intimate and cozy.
I saved the best for last with this sweet mini dessert bar…
Set up a Donuts & Rosé dessert bar for the ladies
This dessert bar hits the spot for a small gathering. A donut-hole tower is the centerpiece of the table. Round it out with something chocolate like these chocolate dipped Oreos and colorful macarons of course!
Make the donut tower by inserting toothpicks into a craft cone. Start at the bottom and work your way around and up the cone. Then slide the donuts onto the toothpicks. Use small flowers and mint sprigs to fill gaps.
Serve a sparkling rosé dessert wine for even more sweetness. The rich color looks pretty alongside the rest of the spring color palette.
Flowers play a big role in the decor of this party as I wanted to reflect the season, and the occasion. I used blooms to help decorate the donut tower, to garnish ice cubes, and to garnish the sparkling wine. REMEMBER TO NEVER INGEST TOXIC OR NON-EDIBLE FLOWERS.
I hope you’re inspired and ready to host a ladies luncheon. With tasty food, plenty of wine, and good friends, you’ll be able to pull this off without a hitch! Cheers!