Get ideas for a garden party including an easy menu, a simple chic table setting, and hostess tips. Spring is the perfect time of year for a party outside. Host baby or bridal showers, Mother’s day, or a ladies luncheon with these party ideas.
Spring is the time of year when flowers are beginning to bloom and the grass is green and lush, so why not host a garden party? You don’t need a special occasion although Mother’s Day, showers, and birthdays are all good reasons to host a party in the garden.
I created a bright orange and white table setting for outdoor entertaining, and I’m sharing a party menu that’s delicious and easy to re-create. I was inspired by a recent shopping trip where orange and yellow really caught my eye.
This party plan is simple but elegant and would work well for any ladies’ luncheon. I love finding inspiration in nature. Just check out this peach & botanical garden party.
Set the Table with bright colors
This orange and white table setting is bright and cheerful using the color of the fruit as inspiration. The tablescape and recipes are perfect for a summer soiree too.
- I recently made a shopping trip to World Market where I picked up some great summer party supplies. Among them were the orange cups, chevron napkins, white mini colanders, and individual bottles of Moscato wine. These were the starting point to my design which led me to the orange layer cake recipe below.
- I layered those items with my trusty white plates and some yellow salad/dessert plates I picked up at Target. A centerpiece of orange and yellow flowers brought everything together beautifully. I added some extra greenery from the back yard to make the centerpiece arrangement even more lush.
- Add mini white colanders to place settings for an interesting and unexpected element. Guests can take them home as a party favors. Include a large navel orange inside and turn it into a place card. Just write guest’s names on real leaves with a gold marker and pin the leaf on to the orange. Use a large decorative straight pin to make these truly gorgeous!
- Utilize a garden bar cart to hold dessert, and a few decorative items. Use whole lemons, oranges, candies, and fresh flowers to pull in the colors of orange and yellow.
Ideas for a Garden Party Menu
Serve food that complements the color theme.
- If you’re wondering what to serve for this dinner party, start with an orange-tinted cocktail like my peach fizz drink (mocktail or cocktail).
- These delicious deviled eggs with bacon can be made ahead and served as appetizers.
- My bbq-brushed plank grilled salmon is perfect for this menu. As an alternative you could serve orange grilled chicken.
- Add sides like my favorite classic pasta salad recipe and a chopped salad.
- Serve this 4-tier orange layer cake for dessert.