This Thai Noodles with Shrimp Recipe is full of flavor and makes a terrific entree for a luncheon or light dinner. Make it vegetarian by substituting edamame for the shrimp and it’s a win-win for everyone! Add this for summer entertaining and watch the dish come back clean!
This Thai noodles with shrimp recipe is a filling main dish but omitting the protein turns it into a side dish!
There’s a lot to love about this pasta salad entree! It’s actually a light dish, but full of flavor and texture. This is definitely something you’d want to serve when you host a ladies luncheon, a simple celebration at home, or for a light summer sunset supper party.
I developed this Thai noodles with shrimp recipe using some classic Asian flavors like red pepper, sesame oil, garlic, and soy sauce. The dressing is light and addictive if you ask me, and the crunch of the fresh vegetables gives great balance to the soft noodles. I like to use whole wheat pasta just to give it an extra “healthy” boost.
Adding cooked shrimp covers your protein needs, and if you’re a vegetarian you can just add edamame instead – no problem! I love the peanut garnish, and some extra cilantro to sprinkle on when serving.
TIP: Make this Thai noodle salad with or without protein. Adding shrimp or edamame makes it an entree, while omitting it makes it a great side dish for any meal or potluck party.
This Thai Noodle entree is so full of flavor you’re going to want to eat the whole bowl!
- 1 package (16 ounce) thin spaghetti
- 1 cup carrots, cut julienne
- 1 heaping cup shredded cabbage
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 pound large shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2//3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor or blender, pulse together the dressing ingredients EXCEPT the olive oil. After a few pulses, slowly add in olive oil while blending, to combine. Set aside or refrigerate over night.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse (drain all liquid from rinsing) and place in a large bowl. Add carrots, cabbage, cucumber, & shrimp, and toss together.
- Add dressing when ready to serve and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.
Garnish with fresh cilantro and a light sprinkling of red pepper flakes if desired.