A blackberry iced tea pitcher drink with just 3 ingredients plus water, for summer parties, showers and luncheons. Serve this refreshing recipe as is, or add in some alcohol for a boozy blackberry lemonade cocktail for adults.
Nothing says “southern” like a glass of sweetened iced tea. I was raised on it, and at family reunions there are gallons of it with everyone sharing their favorite version.
I created this blackberry tea recipe that’s big on taste, and is a terrific base for a cocktail. And it’s easy because I start with blackberry flavored tea bags and prepared lemonade.
The flavor combines blackberry tea with just enough lemonade to add depth and complexity.
Here’s the list of ingredients, and you’ll need water too, of course.
- Blackberry flavor tea bags. These are regular size, not family size so you’ll be using 16 of them. You can also use any combination variety such as Blackberry-Pomegranate, Blackberry-Raspberry, etc.
- Lemonade. I just use a prepared bottle of lemonade from the store. Find it in the soda or juice aisle and use a sparkling lemonade if you want to add effervescence.
- Granulated sugar. You’ll notice in the recipe card below that I’ve stated 3 to 4 tablespoons of sugar, but this really comes down to preference. Some people like their tea sweeter than others. You can add more if you like, but make sure you taste it first and add the sugar while the tea is still hot so it can dissolve.
- Garnish. This is fun drink to garnish using fresh or frozen blackberries, lemon slice and fresh mint. Frozen blackberries have a pretty frosted look and can help keep your drink chilled for a bit.
How to Make It
- Make the tea on the stovetop and steep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and stir in sugar to dissolve it.
- Let the tea cool completely and then mix in lemonade. Serve over ice.
Blackberry Lemonade Cocktail
Make the pitcher recipe according to directions and add in 1 cup of vodka, or to taste. You can also try it with bourbon for a sweet southern cocktail.
- 5 cups water
- 16 Blackberry flavor tea bags (any combination variety)
- 1 cup prepared lemonade
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup vodka Optional
- Garnish: frozen blackberries, lemon slices, fresh mint
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add tea bags and remove from heat, steeping for 10 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and stir in sugar until it dissolves; Let tea cool completely.
- Pour cooled tea into a pitcher and mix in lemonade. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add vodka if desired.
- Serve over ice.