These 4th of July Party Ideas are going to have you celebrating in style! This red, white, and blue vintage style party is full of inspiration for your Independence Day party. This is all party of our summer entertaining guide that will inspire even more party ideas!
I have some fantastic 4th of July party ideas to help you with your stylish entertaining. It all started with printables from Squared Party Printables that were printed on parchment paper to give it that aged, vintage look. From there I used ‘props’ that I had on hand to create a display that guests will love, but not be afraid to touch. I adore this Stars & Stripes printable set because it’s so classic and easy to work with.
I set up a dessert table featuring designer themed cookies and other homemade goodies, along with a “fun & games” section with retro style games & a copy of the U.S. Constitution. Check out all the details below.
4th of July Dessert Ideas
- The dessert table display always starts with an idea for the backdrop. Here I used an empty frame and attached upholstery backing to hang the printable banner with small clothes pins. Almost every printable set has a banner included, but you don’t always have to attach it with ribbon and hang it from side to side. Get creative and figure out a new way to hang it, like I did here.
- Like I’ve blogged about before, it’s best to add variety to the desserts you offer. See more tips on designing dessert tables. Here I have designer cookies, 4th of July dessert pies, a red, white, and blue trifle, and quick and easy chocolate lava cake in a jar. There are many flavors and textures to please every palate.
- Dress up mini pies with star shaped cutouts to add to the theme.
- Using a printable set ties everything together, especially in an eclectic display like this vintage-inspired one.
More tips for adding some fun
- In order to keep the sweets table uncluttered, I set drinks in a wire basket on a small bench. Flip top bottles hold red punch and are wrapped with the printable bottle wrappers. You can fill these bottles with fruit punch for the kids, or “adult” punch for the grown ups.
- Cute “fire cracker” favors are displayed with the ‘luggage tags’ from the set, and are simply red, white, and blue gumballs place inside clear tubes.
- To hold the vintage style games I used an open suitcase. It was filled with wooden brain teaser puzzles, spinning tops, pinwheels, and fans to help stay cool. A copy of the U.S. Constitution was found at Cracker Barrel, and is prominently displayed to remind guests of the history of our country.
All of these ideas can help to make your 4th of July celebration even more special. Visit Squared Party Printables for this printable set, and thanks to Casey’s Confections for the wonderful star-shaped cookies.