A dessert fondue platter is perfect for a party! Make fondue at home for a themed dinner party, girls night in, or date night. See how to set up a dessert platter with dippers and two dessert fondue recipes, here.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
Dessert Fondue Ideas
You should know by now that one of my favorite ways to entertain a large group or a party of two, is to provide large food platters with lots of options.
With the food board trend going strong, I’ve created a beautiful and bountiful dessert platter with two sweet fondue recipes. Of course the more dippers you put out, the more people you can serve.
Date Night Fondue
Hosting a fondue night for a party is such a fun retro idea. But it’s also a terrific idea for date night at home!
It reminds me of the very first date my husband and I went on. He took me to The Melting Pot and thank goodness we got along. Because three courses of fondue over two hours could have been awkward if we hadn’t!
Create a romantic date at home for Valentine’s Day and beyond. This is the perfect spread for cozying up by the fire, or in front of the tv for a romantic movie night. Turn up the romance with flowers and a book of poetry or love poems
Make an entire night of it by starting the evening with cheese fondue for two as the main course.
Dessert Fondue Party Tips
- Offer two types of fondue – one chocolate (recipe below) and one cheesecake fondue recipe for different flavor options.
- Use a fondue pot or a mini crock pot to keep the fondue warm.
- Include a variety of cookies, pastries, fruit, and salty dippers.
- Serve Rosé sparkling wine or champagne.
Get the printable directions for creating your platter, below.
Dessert Platter Ideas
Here are some more ideas for dessert boards for a party.
- Make a chocolate & cheese dessert board for a chic French twist on dessert.
- Serve a gorgeous fresh fruit board.
- This hot chocolate dessert board is complete decadence.
If you like these ideas please PIN, SHARE, or sign up for our NEWSLETTER st the top of the page. cheers!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 13 caramels
- In a small sauce pan or fondue pot, heat chocolate chips, cream and caramels over low heat.
- Stir until chocolate and caramels are melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with dippers.