Chocolate fondue with dippers is a fun and delicious dessert for a party. You can serve it for a crowd or for a romantic date night for two. It’s easy to make, it’s interactive, and there are so many choices for dipping!
Easy Chocolate Fondue
One of my favorite ways to entertain is to provide large food platters with lots of options. With the popularity of food boards, I’ve created a beautiful and bountiful dessert platter.
This chocolate fondue recipe is simple to make with just 3 ingredients: chocolate chips, whipping cream and caramels. Of course the more dippers you put out, the more people you can serve.
When To Make It
- Make fondue at home for a themed dinner party with friends of a supper club.
- Make a desert board for ladies night in or for a bridal shower.
- It’s a fantastic option for a Valentine’s day dinner for two.
- Add it to your list of holiday girls night in party ideas.
- Include it on the dessert table of a cocktail party.
- Offer two types of fondue. One chocolate and one cheesecake fondue for variety.
- Use a fondue pot or a mini crock pot to keep the fondue warm.
- Place everything on a large tray or platter, on a sturdy base.
- You’ll need forks to help you dip some items, like marshmallows and fruit.
- Include a variety of cookies, pastries, fruit, and salty dippers.
- Add these heart shaped Valentine rice krispie treats for a fun twist.
- Serve Rosé sparkling wine or champagne.
Let your imagination run wild as you pick and choose your favorite dippers to include on the fondue platter. Here’s a great list.
- Graham Crackers
- Vanilla Wafers
- Chocolate Chip cookies
- Crispy Wafer cookies
- Pound Cake
- Angel Food Cake
- Pretzels (rods work well)
- Pretzel Crisps
- Ruffled Potato Chips
- Banana slices
- Apple slices (granny smith work well)
- Mandarin orange slices
- Pineapple chunks
- Dried fruit (apricots, papaya, mango)
- Donut Holes
- Brownie bites
- Rice Krispies treats
Date Night Dessert
Create a romantic date at home for Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, and beyond. This is the perfect spread for cozying up by the fire, or in front of the tv for a romantic movie night. Turn up the romance with flowers and a book of poetry or love poems
Make an entire night of it by starting the evening with cheese fondue for two as the main course.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 13 caramels
- chocolate cookies
- pound cake or angel food cake
- sliced bananas
- graham crackers
- doughnut holes
- pretzel rods
- In a small saucepan or fondue pot, heat chocolate chips, cream and caramels over low heat.
- Stir until chocolate and caramels are melted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Keep fondue warm using a fondue pot or mini crock pot.
- Corral dipping items into groups on a large tray, cheese board, or in bowls.
- Dip cookies, pastries, and fruit into fondue using dipping forks for small items.
The dessert fondue will stay warm for a little while without being in a heating pot. You can serve small amounts in bowls like I did here, and replenish with warm fondue that you keep heated on the stove or crock.