Find a year of themed dinner party ideas for every month and season, including table settings, menus, and tips. These are great for planning fun dinner party theme nights, hosting supper clubs, and setting seasonal tablescapes. I’ve included holidays and special occasions all organized by month. Get your calendar ready for a year’s worth of ideas for dinner party entertaining. Then check out dinner party menu ideas.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
Themed Dinner Party Ideas, Table Settings & Menus
Are you ready to host a dinner party? Today we’re taking a look at all the fun dinner party ideas that you can incorporate into a year.
My goal has been to create complete party plans for each month and encourage you to bring back the art of the dinner party. It seems like it’s become too much of a “burden” in today’s world. I think we should change that outlook!
With that in mind I’m giving you plenty of tips, tablescapes, and menu plans with recipes for each month of the year. Take a look at each one I’ve linked below, along with a few bonus parties!
Each dinner party is perfectly themed to the respective season, holiday, or month, and gives you lots of inspiration for entertaining.
Pick a Winter Dinner Party Theme
- To kick off the year in January we created a Chinese themed dinner to celebrate the Chinese New Year. We served Chinese take out to make it convenient and a bit whimsical!
- If you’re not in the mood for take-out, this cozy soup dinner party is a fantastic way to spend an evening!
- The early months of the year are a great time to host a winter dinner party, even if you’re snowed in with your neighbors!
- Invite some friends over for a winter brunch. It’s a great way to ease into the new year.
- Host an intimate gathering for dessert only. Serve this chocolate tasting charcuterie board with wine for a night of indulgence.
- In February it’s time to celebrate love with a Valentine’s day dinner for two. Expand on these ideas and menu to create a Galentines dinner for ladies night in.
- If romance isn’t your thing then this Mardi Gras party will be! This dinner party isn’t wild or kitschy. It’s a dinner party inspired by our trip to New Orleans and the fantastic food we had there.
- For a more casual get-together a soup bar or chili bar is great to share with friends.
- By March I’m always getting a little cabin fever and ready to do something fun. On to the next holiday with an Irish themed dinner party for St. Patrick’s Day. This party takes the holiday to a whole new level. One that’s more sophisticated.
- Late winter is also a good time to host an Italian themed party with different courses and wine pairings.
- Additionally, you can host a Southern style dinner party with classic southern recipes.
- How about a Greek themed dinner party inspired by the colors of the Mediterranean sea and island resorts.
Spring themed Dinner Party Ideas
- With April comes Easter and who doesn’t want to enjoy a beautiful Easter tablescape for brunch with family or friends? For holiday gatherings like this, we love to host potluck style so everyone gets to pitch in and bring a favorite dish. However I do have some favorite recipes included.
- Host a spring ladies luncheon for your best mom friends. This is a fun excuse to relax and socialize.
- This is a good time to celebrate spring birthdays or bridal showers with a gorgeous ladies night celebration dinner party.
- This month is a great time to host a Moroccan theme party. Set it up outside or indoors depending on your climate.
- May brings so many chances to entertain. And ideas for a ladies luncheon for Mother’s day is just one of them. This one has lots of pretty details and gives you a chance to enjoy the warmer weather and pretty flowers outside.
- Here’s a mother’s day brunch that would be beautiful to create for your own mother or for your favorite mom friends.
- Of course you may also want to host a Mexican dinner party for Cinco De Mayo, because who doesn’t love Mexican food?
Host a Summer Party Outside
See our complete summer entertaining guide here.
- June is the official start of summer so a brightly colored peach themed garden party & menu is in order.
- Summer is hot so it’s a good time to host a laid back dinner party with friends. This one has an easy but beautiful menu.
- This alfresco dinner party is a good idea for father’s day too.
- The days are long in July so a sunset supper is the perfect party to host at the edge of dark. The relaxed and casual vibe invites guests to linger.
- However, if you’re more in the mood to celebrate the 4th of July then this red, white & blue dinner party may be in order.
- Later in the month, why not host an old fashioned hot dog roast and let everyone cook their own hot dogs over an open fire?
- One of my favorite dinner party ideas comes in August as we see the merging of summer and fall influences. This late summer party with iced tea bar is filled with pretty inspiration and a pretty menu to match.
- This is a good time to host a classic shrimp boil in the back yard.
- Host a green theme dinner party with these ideas and recipes.
Fall Parties & Seasonal Celebrations
Get even more party themes for fall here.
- For September I wanted to create something that would be apropos for any girls gathering. It’s the time of year I get together with my own longtime girlfriends and celebrate our birthdays together. These ladies get together ideas can be applied throughout the year for bridal showers, or other occasions, and set up indoors or out depending on the weather.
- This fall dinner party is cozy with neutral decor and a menu based on comfort food.
- A dinner party alfresco is a terrific way to welcome the cooler nights of autumn.
- Host this stunning dinner party with mini cheese boards for each guest place setting.
- As we head into the holiday months, October brings a Halloween themed dinner party that is very festive but chic at the same time. I like to think of it as how grownups celebrate Halloween.
- You can host a Halloween Witches Night In party for a ladies only celebration at home.
- Host a pink party for breast cancer awareness month.
- If you’re not looking to celebrate the holiday, this casual dinner party is super easy to pull together.
Holiday themed parties
- As November rolls around it’s time to plan for a Friendsgiving Thanksgiving celebration including some of our all time best tried and true recipes.
- Or plan your family Thanksgiving tablescape and easy dinner plan.
- This menu and table setting are perfect for Thanksgiving entertaining.
- In December, rise and shine with this red & white Christmas tablescape & brunch menu. This is classic colors with a hint of black for a modern touch. And you’ll love the holiday brunch recipes!
- Get the season started with a cookie exchange party on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
- Host a Naughty or Nice Christmas party or an easy cocktail party for adults.
- Invite the ladies over for a girls night in holiday party.
- Set up a wrapping party to make the chore of wrapping gifts a little bit easier and lots more fun.
- If you’re too busy to host a large party, invite guests over for an easy elegant holiday dessert party instead.
- Host a festive New Years Eve party with late night party buffet or a fancy dinner party tablescape with balloons.
There’s something so satisfying about sitting down to a pretty table among friends, and eating and drinking until our heart’s content. Let the wine, conversation, and laughter flow!
How do you feel about hosting a dinner party? Too much work or a great way to spend time with people? For even more help you can see 101 tips for preparing to host a party.