Set up date night cheese fondue for two with this easy recipe. This is a fun Valentines day dinner for two and you can set it up like an indoor picnic in front of the fire place.
Easy Date Night Cheese Fondue for Two
This Valentine’s day instead of fighting the crowds out on the town, celebrate at home! This is a terrific alternative for you and your loved one, especially if you enjoy being at home OR you have small kids but no babysitter.
I’m a big fan of cheese fondue. When we visit The Melting Pot we always go for all three courses – cheese, meat, & dessert! But truth be told I’d be happy to just make a meal of the cheese fondue and then move on to the dessert.
I’m sharing a classic cheese fondue recipe below. Serve it as your main meal for date night, or as an appetizer for a party.
Date Night Ideas at Home
- Set up a low table in the living room in front of the fireplace.
- Use pillows and plush throws to sit on. It’s cozy and romantic!
- And once you’ve finished the main course, how about a fondue dessert platter!
- Watch one of our favorite romance movies for date night in.
The nice thing about this cheese fondue is that it can be used to dip all food groups: bread, cured meats, vegetables, and fruit. So it’s a complete meal in one.
And remember, the tradition is if someone drops an item into the pot of fondue you have to give them a kiss!
- 4 oz beer or broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheeses, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- crusty bread, cubed
- fully cooked smoked sausage or kielbasa
- raw or steamed vegetables
- sliced apples
- In a medium sized sauce pan, heat beer or broth over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir.
- Stir in small amounts of cheese at a time, letting each batch melt before adding the next.
- Add pepper and Worcestershire sauce and combine well.
- Transfer to a fondue pot to keep warm, and serve with bread cubes, cubed cooked meats, veggies (raw or steamed crisp), and sliced apples.