Host ladies night in at home and spend time with your favorite girl squad. It’s easy when you follow these tips for hosting girls night in and set a pretty table, serve up a tasty signature cocktail, and make some easy favorite appetizers.
Hosting ladies night at home
No matter how much I love going out to new restaurants or bars, I always come back to the comfort of hosting ladies night in at home. Why do I prefer it so much? Because it’s far more relaxing to be in someone’s home, it’s easier to talk and listen without the noise of the public, and it’s easier to move around from conversation to conversation.
Have you ever been in a restaurant and been stuck talking to the person on your right or left? Or worse – they are engaged in conversations that don’t include you and you’re just sitting there as a spectator. Yeah, ladies night in eliminates that!
When you’re the host you can make the party as large or small as you feel comfortable. Plus you can invite the people YOU want to spend time with. It’s a great way to insure you’re never left out of the conversation.
Ladies night themes
When you’re hosting girls night in it can be fun to create a theme. It can be as simple as a color, or as elaborate as you want. It doesn’t really matter as long as your girlfriends know they’re there for a good time. Here are some great ideas for ladies night themes.
- Take advantage of moderate temperatures outdoors set up a wine & cheese ladies night.
- EVERYONE will love this ladies night chocolate tasting party.
- Host a ladies night cocktail party any time of year.
- Keep it relaxed with a romance movie night at home. So much fun to watch with your besties!
- A tropical theme party is perfect for summer entertaining.
- Don’t forget about the holidays like this Halloween Gothic glam ladies night.
- Or this holiday girls night in for Christmas.
Set a Ladies Night Tablescape
Here’s how I set a lovely table for the girls.
- Use fabric right off the bolt to create a table runner. Black and white stripes make a stunning visual base and can be paired with ANY other color(s).
- Everyday white dinnerware is appropriate to use. But if you have a black and white combo set, use it here. Placing black napkins on the plates can also give the affect we want.
- Vibrant red roses make a beautiful no-fuss centerpiece on the table.
Table Party Favors
Our diy mini s’mores kit favors are the perfect summer party favor. Place a box on each place settings for guests to take home. Tie them with a tag that says “thank you” or one that has guest’s names on it.
Ladies night cocktails
Setting up the party outside creates a casual and relaxed atmosphere. You can do the same thing with this mini bar created by pulling two small tables next to each other.
- Bring out small tables from inside your house and don’t worry about being too matchy. You can set the food on one table and the cocktails on the other.
- I made this pomegranate sparkling martini for the signature cocktail. The red color coordinates with the red roses and the crostini appetizers.
- As a bonus, guests can have the option of sipping on straight champagne. Two options are always better than one!
- Another option is this red carpet cocktail.
Easy appetizers for ladies night
If you’re serving a meal you want your appetizers to be light enough so your guests don’t get too full. I like to prepare a limited quantity of bite-sized appetizers if that’s the case. However, I LOVE to create a meal out of appetizers. Here are some good ones to mix and match.
- Goat cheese crostini with pomegranate arils are super easy to make, but very flavorful. And they coordinate perfectly with this party! Just slice a French baguette into thin slices and toast in the oven at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes or until crisp. Let cool to touch and spread on a layer of goat cheese. Sprinkle the top with pomegranate arils and fresh chopped rosemary. These bites are sweet and salty, with a bright finish.
- Presentation is everything when you serve mini portions. I made white cheddar + salami bites and skewered them with rosemary stems. They are easy to pick up and look fantastic.
- Speaking of cheese & salami, turn a party cheese board into a meal to graze on all night.
- Choose something from our list of easy party appetizers for girls night in. We’ve got dips & spreads, canapes, and more.
- My olive tapenade flatbread appetizers are just like those they serve in restaurants. And the red peppers match our color scheme!
- This watermelon basil salad is served in mini glasses that work so well for a party.
Dessert Ideas for ladies night
To end the night on a SWEET note, try one of these dessert options. Each one was chosen with the party colors in mind so you can coordinate from beginning to end.
- These mini black & white parfaits are my personal favorite for this party.
- My outrageous fudge brownies are a proven winner, and they’re hand held portions make them easy to eat.
- On the lighter side, these stuffed strawberries and cream are delicious as an accompaniment to other sweets or great on their own.
- For a little more effort (but still very easy) these strawberry angel food desserts are an excellent choice.
So there you have a complete plan ready for hosting ladies night in. Go ahead and send an evite or text to invite some girl friends over! And if you still need convincing here’s an article about why a girls night out is good for you.