This Kentucky Mule iced tea cocktail is absolutely refreshing and delicious! It’s a southern twist on the Moscow mule as it’s made with bourbon and iced tea. A great combination! As the name suggests, this is a great party drink to mix up for a Southern style dinner party. Serve it ice cold in copper mule cups and garnish with fresh mint for perfect sipping.
I’m very excited about this Kentucky Mule which tastes so good, and different! Inspired by the trendy Moscow mule, I wanted a Southern spin on it.
Instead of vodka and lime, I used good ole Kentucky bourbon, and lemon. I also used iced tea as the base because you can’t get more Southern than that!
Delicious Bourbon Cocktail
This drink makes me want to sit on the porch and watch the day go by without a care in the world. I can feel the sun on my face as we speak!
- This would be a great addition to your Kentucky Derby viewing party.
- It’s also a good drink to mix for dad on Father’s Day, or any summertime soiree.
- This recipe could also be added to a party with an iced tea bar.
- For another tea drink try my easy blackberry iced tea pitcher recipe.
- If you love bourbon you can also try our bourbon Aperol cocktail recipe.
- For this cocktail, I purchased a bottle of prepared sweet tea to make it quick and easy, and for its classic flavor.
- A good quality bourbon takes this drink to another level and adds a bit of extra sweetness.
- The lemon helps balance the flavor and add freshness.
- The addition of non alcohol ginger beer gives it some carbonation and a bold spicy note. This is one of my favorites!
What to Serve it With
- Serve up some pimento cheese spread with crackers, bread, or crudites for a delightful Southern snack.
- No southern get-together would be complete without delicious deviled eggs with bacon.
- Better yet, make a heartier meal with slow cooker bbq beef sandwiches.
- Serve my classic potato salad on the side for the perfect entertaining menu.
Whether you go all out with a southern theme or not, you will certainly enjoy this bourbon iced tea cocktail. It’s refreshing and delicious with lots of character.
Looking for more mules? Here’s a list of moscow mule recipes.
- 5 ounces Prepared sweet iced Tea
- 1 ounces good Kentucky bourbon
- Juice from 1/4 of a lemon
- 3 ounces ginger beer soda
- Crushed ice
- Add ice to a glass, pour in tea, bourbon, and squeezed lemon.
- Top off with ginger beer soda and stir. Sip and enjoy.
Make this drink without the bourbon for a family-friendly version that's just as tasty.