A sparkling peach margarita is a delightful departure from the classic flavor. Serve it all summer long when entertaining, or add it to your Mexican party ideas. The combination of flavors and a bit of fizz make this drink great for festive occasions.
I have to tell you that I’m not much of a tequila drinker but I do love a good margarita. I love that it’s not too sweet and it goes down smooth. It’s fun to switch it up though, and create a whole NEW kind of margarita. That’s what I did for this delicious and refreshing cocktail. And it’s fabulous for summer entertaining.
I created a margarita recipe that takes the classic concept of tequila and citrus juice, and turns it into something special.
Peach is the fruit of choice in the form of peach nectar. And a little bubbly gives the traditional margarita a twist. I think you’ll love the results as much as I do!
You can make up a pitcher beforehand and serve it as your signature cocktail during the party. The color and flavor are right in theme!
More cocktail recipes
If you like light tasting, refreshing cocktails you must give this a try. Here are some more margaritas with a twist the you don’t want to miss out on.
- This light mezcal margarita is my new favorite recipe. It’s like the classic, but “extra!”
- Try this refreshing white grapefruit margarita for a not-too-sweet spin.
- Make this easy beer margarita for an easy alternative that tastes as good as the original. We usually make them for the beach!
- This St. Germain margarita sounds great too.
However you mix it up, margaritas are THE drink of summer entertaining!
- 1 ounce good clear tequila
- 2 ounces peach nectar
- Squeeze of a lemon wedge
- 3-4 ounces of Champagne or Prosecco
- Fill glass with ice and add tequila, peach nectar, and juice from a lemon wedge.
- Stir to combine, and top off with Prosecco.
- Garnish with a peach slice if desired.
Add frozen peach slices to drink to help keep it cold and add some style!