My cheesy chicken tostadas with creamy poblano sauce is a fiesta in your mouth! This may be my new favorite southwestern style dinner or appetizer recipe! And the poblano sauce is so good you’ll want to eat it with a spoon! Add this recipe to your next Mexican fiesta party as an appetizer or a main dish.
These chicken tostadas are so tasty with the creamy pepper sauce drizzled on top. The result is this delicious, crunchy, cheesy, tostada that makes a fantastic entree or a hearty appetizer. Whether it’s Cinco de Mayo or not, any day is a great day for Mexican flavors.
Since we love southwester flavors I wanted to create an original recipe using easy ingredients. And the results were better than expected! This dish is made with a combination of fresh ingredients and a few convenient tricks.
I made the chicken filling in the slow cooker, and prepared the poblano sauce and tortillas a couple of hours ahead. All that’s left to do when it’s time to serve is assemble and heat. It’s a great make-ahead, interactive dish for entertaining or for weeknight meals.
Serve these chicken tostadas for entertaining at home
- This recipe is full of flavor making it a great dish for entertaining. Make a batch for a Southwestern dinner party and serve two as an entree or plate one for an appetizer.
- Accompany these with a yummy Mexican layer dip. Serve an extra bowl of the creamy poblano sauce to dip chips into.
- Host a Mexican fiesta happy hour and serve these on the side.
- Wash these down with a refreshing and light mezcal margarita or white grapefruit margarita.
- Finally, for dessert serve up a coconut flan that your guests will remember.
With these party ideas you’ll be ready for cinco de mayo and beyond!
TO BUILD YOUR TOSTADAS: If the poblano sauce is too thick to drizzle with a spoon, so place it into a small squeeze bottle to make it easier to apply….or you can just add small dabs of it with a spoon.
TO BUILD YOUR TOSTADAS:
If the poblano sauce is too thick to drizzle with a spoon, so place it into a small squeeze bottle to make it easier to apply….or you can just add small dabs of it with a spoon.