This Steak Filet with Rich Balsamic Glaze recipe will turn any meal into a restaurant-worthy dish. It’s easy, elegant, and delicious! Present it on a bed of premium side dishes for a complete meal perfect for entertaining.
Serve this Elegant Entree for a Dinner Party
Serving these steak filets with Alexia’s complete side dishes helps you feel full while still getting your vegetable intake, PLUS they’re gluten free! They’re also non-GMO project verified and use organic dairy ingredients. If you’re trying to cut down on starches and simple carbohydrates, these are all ready to cook, and take less than 10 minutes.
- 4 (4 ounce) filet steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over both sides of each steak, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks in hot pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on steak thickness. Remove from pan and let rest.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil and shallots to pan and cook until softened; about 5-7 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and red wine; scrape pan to loosen flavor bits from bottom. Add filets back into pan and cover, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, basting with sauce when you turn the meat over.
- Remove steaks to prepared plates and spoon glaze over each. Serve immediately.