This Beef Filet with Rich Balsamic Glaze recipe will turn any meal into a restaurant-worthy dish. It’s easy, elegant, and delicious! Present it on a bed of premium side dishes for a complete meal perfect for entertaining.
Filet Mignon with Balsamic Glaze
Want to serve an elegant, yet easy meal for a dinner party? Let this delicious steak filet with rich balsamic glaze grace your plates atop a bed of Alexia premium vegetables, and you’ll have just that.
The glaze is rich and a little sweet, and compliments the beef so well. If you’re serving this for a casual dinner party it looks wonderful placed on a bed of Butternut Squash Risotto and Riced Cauliflower.
These pre-plated entrees make your guests feel special and they won’t even know how easy it was!
Sides for filet mignon
Serve these steak filets with:
- Green salad with oranges, fennel, and avocado
- Easy Roasted Carrots with Cumin
- Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with bacon
- Easy Wild Rice with bacon & vegetables
- Lobster macaroni & cheese (with or without the lobster added)
- Gluten free cheddar biscuits
- Fruit & Nut Wild Rice
Elegant Entree for a Dinner Party
Round out your menu with a green salad and slow cooker brownie cake.
- 4 (4 ounce) filet steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over both sides of each steak, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks in hot pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, depending on steak thickness. Remove from pan and let rest.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil and shallots to pan and cook until softened; about 5-7 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and red wine; scrape pan to loosen flavor bits from bottom. Add filets back into pan and cover, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, basting with sauce when you turn the meat over.
- Remove steaks to prepared plates and spoon glaze over each. Serve immediately.