Click through for 6 of my favorite Summer Side Dish Recipes. These are the tried and true salads and sides that I’ve been making for years and they always get rave reviews! Add these to your summer entertaining ideas and menu to round out any cookout or backyard party.
How is it August already? Schools will be re-opening soon and pools will be closing. However, there’s still plenty of time for backyard barbecues and cookouts, not to mention Labor Day parties ahead.
All those cookouts usually means pot luck side dishes to bring. In fact the side dishes are my favorite part of the meal and I know I’m not alone.
With that in mind I put together this roundup of 6 summer side dish recipes that will have guests begging for more. These are classic options that you definitely want to file away & refer to when needed. Pick one or two you’d like to try and let us know how it goes.
These summer side dish recipes are perfect for backyard cookouts, potlucks & barbecues
- My classic potato salad recipe is as good as it gets and it’s a nice hearty option that men go for. This recipe has that creamy base, with bacon, and a subtle crunch we love.
- Being from the South, I grew up eating fresh produce from the garden and cucumber salad was a Summer staple. This creamy crunchy cucumber salad with bacon is actually made with light ingredients so no guilt here!
- Most outdoor parties I’ve hosted or been a guest at, always seem to have a Southwestern element whether it’s chips and salsa, margaritas, or a side salad. My easy bean and corn salsa gets rave reviews and it’s hearty enough to be served as a salad too.
- Just as classic as potato salad, pasta salad always makes an appearance as well. My classic pasta salad recipe is one of my absolute favorites! It reminds me of my childhood.
- You can’t have a cookout with baked beans can you? My sweet & spicy baked beans are full of flavor and have bacon on top!
- Another great way to lighten up the sides and get some fiber in the meal is to include a crunchy broccoli salad. When I make this savory & sweet broccoli salad I always bring home an empty bowl.
Both are delicious!
So which one looks like a favorite to you? Here’s hoping you have a fabulous Memorial Day weekend!