This Mini Cheesecakes recipe is an easy and delicious addition to any dessert menu from small gatherings to large parties. A creamy baked cheesecake atop an Oreo cookie base, these make-ahead bite-size mini desserts are perfect for showers, cocktail parties, and wine and dessert girls night in!
Mini Cheesecakes Bite Size Desserts
There is something so indulgent about a really good cheesecake. A creamy cheesecake with a crunchy base topped with a beautiful jam topping in every bite is exactly what you want when eating individual mini cheesecake. It’s the perfect bite every time.
When designing dessert tables for a baby shower, a bridal shower, or even a tea party you want to have a variety of desserts for people to choose from, and I’m always inspired by the idea of easy individual desserts. They are a chic way to provide your guests with the opportunity to sample a variety of individual bites each with their own flavors.
These mini cheesecakes are the perfect size – they’re small enough for a party buffet, but large enough for a fancy dinner party because they’re make in muffin tins. Make-ahead dinner party mini desserts are an easy, time-saving, and efficient way to please your guests. For a larger crowd, this recipe can easily be doubled.
If you’re a fan of cheesecake and lover of all things citrus I encourage you to try my lemon & lime cheesecake tarts recipe. It is definitely another one you’ll want to add to your dessert list!
How to make mini cheesecakes in Muffin Tins
This classic cheesecake recipe is sweet but not overly so, making it a great base for yummy indulgent toppings. I love using Oreo’s for the base but we also have other suggestions for you below.
Make this a day ahead for a party, and keep them covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Separate the two cookies of an Oreo, and scrape off the sugar cream filling. You won’t be needing that filling, so do with it as you please!
- Put the two cookies back together; the residual sugar will help keep them together. Place them into 12 paper-lined muffin pan cups.
- In a large bowl using a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until blended, adding eggs 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each, just until blended.
- Divide mixture evenly over cookies and bake until centers are almost set. Cool completely and refrigerate.
- Choose your favorite jam flavor and pour about 1/2 cup into a small saucepan.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of water or flavored liqueur like Amaretto, or Grand Marnier.
- Heat over medium-low until it is smooth, melted, and easy to spread.
- Once mini cheesecakes are completely set, spoon topping over each one.
How to store mini cheesecakes
As with any cheesecake recipe, you will need to refrigerate any leftovers for up to a week. They can also be made ahead and kept in the freezer.
Just wrap them tightly in saran wrap or an airtight Ziploc bag and freeze for up to three months. I recommend thawing them in the refrigerator several hours ahead of when you will need them.
Can you use another type of cookie for the base?
The beauty of this recipe is that you can use any cookie you like for the base, as long as it fits into the muffin tin. Use one of these other cookies for this mini cheesecakes recipe.
- Shortbread cookies
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate wafer cookies
- Vanilla Wafers
- Vanilla sandwich cookies – remove the sugary cream filling as we do with the Oreos.
Note that if you use the wafer cookies, remember to put the flat side down.
PARTY TIP: Present these bite size desserts on a platter and top them with pretty flowers. Make sure you REMOVE THE FLOWERS before consuming the cheesecakes. They are for decoration only. Or you can use edible flowers.
What other toppings can you use?
The possibilities are limitless! If this jelly glaze isn’t your jam, use one of these other toppings. All the choices from fruit flavored toppings to ice cream syrups taste great on mini cheesecakes.
- cherry pie filling
- blueberry pie filling
- fresh fruit
- candied fruit
- caramel ice cream topping
- chocolate or fudge sauce
I think you’re going to love serving this mini cheesecakes recipe at your next party or girls night in. And remember to PIN, Share, or sign up for our Newsletter at the top of the page.
- 12 Whole Oreo cookies
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of your favorite jam or jelly
- 1 Tablespoon water or flavored liqueur (Amaretto or Grand Marnier are good)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Carefully separate each sandwich cookie and scrape off the center filling. Discard sugar filling or set it aside for a snack.
- Press the two cookies back together and place them into 12 paper-lined muffin pan cups.
- In a large bowl using a mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla on low until blended.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended.
- Divide mixture evenly while spooning over cookies.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until centers are almost set. Cool completely and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Top with jam glaze, fresh fruit, candied fruit, or fruit pie filling.
- To make the jam glaze, heat the jam and water or liqueur in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat until smooth and melted.
- Spoon over chilled cheesecakes and let cool to set.
Decorate mini cheesecakes with small edible flowers and a mint leaf. Pick them off before consuming.