Easy Oreo Truffles are the Bite Size Desserts Everyone will Love!
Oreo truffles are hands down one of the best bite-size mini desserts for parties. This no-bake recipe is easy to make ahead with just 3 ingredients and you can freeze them so they’re ready when you are.
Oreo truffle balls
Oreo cookie balls are a delicious twist using classic chocolate sandwich cookies. It’s amazing what just 3 simple ingredients can do. Think cookies meets cheesecake meets cake pops dipped in chocolate!
Create the best simple no-bake dessert and get the perfect bite every time.
These truffles are some of the best chocolate dessert ideas. And they’re the perfect mini desserts to add to a tea party or when designing dessert tables.
You can design them to your liking, using white or dark chocolate, or both. Drizzle with sprinkles, coarse sea salt, or if you’re feeling extra fancy some gold leaf sprinkles. Add a design or keep it simple with no additions at all!
Best Bite-Size Dessert for a Party
Here’s what makes these the best mini desserts for weddings and parties, or even Valentines treats.
- Easy and Delicious!
- Can dip them in different colored chocolate to match the party theme
- Use white, milk, or dark chocolate
- Add sprinkles on top for extra decoration
- Decorate them with chocolate swirls on top
- Sprinkle a little Maldon sea salt flakes on top for a sweet and salty treat
- Double dip them so they are half white chocolate and half dark chocolate
- Can serve them on a lollipop stick to make Oreo Pops
- Add them to make your own dessert skewers
How to Make Oreo Cookie Balls
You only need three ingredients to make Oreo truffles: Oreos, Cream Cheese, and Chocolate.
To dress them up you can add flake salt, sprinkles, finely chopped nuts, edible gold dust, etc.
- Crush Oreo cookies in a food processor and add to a large bowl. Add cream cheese and combine it with the cookies. Beat with mixer or combine it with your hands until well blended.
- Form 1 inch balls using a mini scoop to measure. Chill in freezer for about 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over low heat.
- Take out chilled Oreo balls and use a toothpick or two forks to dip them in melted chocolate one by one. Place on Wax paper to cool and set.
Note: You can also serve these on lollipop sticks. Just insert the sticks into the chilled truffles before dipping them into the melted chocolate.
What is a double boiler?
The double boiler method for melting chocolate is my favorite way to smooth dipping chocolate every time. It’s a simple process that doesn’t require any special equipment; just a bowl and a saucepan.
- Use a medium size pot and fill it about 1/2-inch with water. Place a proportional size bowl on top of the pot. It should rest easily without falling off.
- Add chocolate pieces to the bowl and turn the heat onto low. The water will begin to simmer and heat the bowl, melting the chocolate.
COOKING TIP: Make sure your bowl is heat resistant. Use metal or Pyrex for best results.
FAQ’s about Oreo Truffles
Oreo truffles can technically last about 2 hours out of the fridge, however it’s best to keep them refrigerated before and after serving. The cream cheese needs to be refrigerated for food safety. When wrapped individually, these cookie balls can last up to a month in the fridge!
Definitely! These are a great dessert to make ahead of time or in bigger batches to freeze some for later. Just remember to thaw them completely before serving them. You may notice some condensation on your chocolate while thawing. Not to worry, if necessary just wipe it off gently with a paper towel.
More Bite-Size Mini Desserts
- peppermint Oreo truffles
- easy brownie pops
- bourbon balls
- lemon tartlets bite-size desserts
- mini cheesecakes
- easy baklava cups
Oreo Truffles recipe
Oreo truffles are one of the best bite-size mini desserts for parties. This no-bake recipe is easy to make ahead with just 3 ingredients and you can freeze them so they're ready when you are.
- 36 Oreo cookies, crushed using a food processor
- 1 8-oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb. white or dark baking chocolate; or 8 ounces of each
- In a large mixing bowl, combine crushed cookies and cream cheese.
- Beat with mixer on low speed OR use your hands to combine until well blended.
- Form 1-inch balls using a mini scoop for even sizes.
- Chill in freezer for about 30 minutes to firm.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over low heat.
- Take out chilled Oreo balls and using a toothpick or two forks, dip them into melted chocolate one by one. Place on Wax paper to cool and set.
- Decorate as desired using colorful chocolate, sprinkles, flake sea salt, crushed Oreo crumbs, etc.
I made these for a bridal shower and used milk chocolate instead of white chocolate. I'm still getting compliments on them weeks later!
Yum! These look AMAZING! I can't wait to try them. I linked to your post on my blog today! Thank you so much.
I can't believe that something so beautiful is so simple to make. I must give this a try.
OMG. Could these look more yummy? I'm sure they're lowfat too, right? I'll just go with that, true or not. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
oh my gosh, what a fabulous idea!
These are one of my most favorite things to make up!! So pretty yet simple!
Jaclyn, I have become quite the fan of Dark Chocolate in the last couple of years also!!!
EE-I'm confident you can do it!!
Donna, you should do this for one of your tea parties! ; )
so easy but SO pretty!!
They are AMAZING – good find Chris! We also dipped some in milk chocolate. Those actually went faster because they weren't as sweet. But my sweet tooth prefers the white chocolate – yummy!!!
I want some NOW! Thanks for the easy recipe.
Ok Chris this looks easy enough, but you know how I can mess up food. I'm going to give it a try though. Thanks for the directions.
Comments are closed.