Find comforting casserole recipes for dinner, brunch, or sides, including ground beef, turkey, chicken, or pasta. These one-dish bakes make menu planning easy!
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
Why we love casseroles
If you ask me, casseroles are one of the best creations, especially for casual entertaining, overnight guests, or weeknight dinner for family. They are pure comfort food!
- They’re simple to put together.
- You can prep them ahead of time and cook them when you need to.
- You can freeze them.
- They’re easy to take to someone.
- The possibilities for flavor combinations are endless!
- Take them to pot-lucks, covered dish dinners, and food trains.
- There’s a casserole for every meal: breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
- They’re great when you’re cooking for a crowd. You can make a double batch!
I’ve collected casserole ideas for you to make. There are main dish meal ideas, some side dishes, and breakfast or brunch options too.
These one dish bakes are terrific for ladies luncheons, baby and bridal showers, or for an easy dinner party menu.
- Easy cheeseburger bake is cheesy, creamy and delicious.
- Mini shepherd’s pies are perfect for St. Patrick’s day parties.
- Mexican casserole with pasta
Italian or pasta
PARTY TIP: Bake a casserole in a large chafing dish so you can serve it on a party buffet and keep it warm.
Baked side dishes
These sides go with lots of protein entrees but making them in casserole dishes means it’s easier to make ahead.
- Creamy hash brown potatoes
- Cheesy creamed corn bake
- Delicious broccoli casserole
- Creamy holiday mac-n-cheese
- Easiest homemade macaroni and cheese
- Streusel topped sweet potato casserole
- Green bean casserole
Breakfast casserole recipes
- Ham & hash brown casserole
- Easy breakfast casserole with hash browns and Canadian bacon
- Easy overnight sausage & egg bake
- Cheesy grits casserole
What is a casserole?
A casserole, also known as hot dish, bake, or covered dish can be anything served hot in a single baking dish. It can be a main one-dish meal, or a side dish to accompany a protein entrée.
Some classic components are meat, vegetables, cheese, canned soup, and crunchy or breaded toppings.
How to serve casserole for a party
Hearty baked dishes are great for a party. You can make a large batch and it’s easy to let guests help themselves.