A football charcuterie board with classic and delicious game day party food. Add traditional snack combinations for a quick and easy appetizer that’s perfect for tailgating, weekly football games, and super bowl parties.
Who’s ready for a super bowl party? As usual I’m ready for the halftime show, the commercials, and the food! I’m not much for the game itself but I love to eat and drink my way through it. And this year all eyes will be on this game day charcuterie board.
Football Charcuterie Board
Put together this snack board for lots of sporty occasions throughout the year.
- Game day parties in the fall or during the playoffs.
- Take it tailgating on the road or at home.
- Make one for a football themed birthday party.
Serve chips, crudités and chicken wings on a snack board you can enjoy during the game. You can even make these diy snack cones to hold the chips while you watch.
This board balances healthy vegetables with traditional party food. And, the nice thing about a super bowl charcuterie platter is that you can serve it on the coffee table in the room with the tv. That way you won’t miss a play.
What to Put on a Game Day Charcuterie Board
A football party usually requires all the guests to bring something to share while you view the game. And as we know, those party foods are typically indulgent and calorie laden.
That’s okay! I totally endorse cheat days, or free food days, or however you like to phrase it. Living a joyful life is all about moderation and balance.
With that in mind I piled my football themed board full of delicious appetizers and snacks.
Chicken wings are the quintessential game day party appetizer. They’re easy to pick up and eat, and they come in a multitude of flavors.
- Classic buffalo wings are a must, but these brown butter honey wings add another delicious flavor profile. With these two recipes you get a dry, breaded option as well as a saucy option.
- Other ideas that would be just as welcome are these teriyaki chicken on a stick w/ peanut dipping sauce and these bacon wrapped chicken bites.
Add two different flavors to the football themed snack board, and place them at opposite corners to help frame the wood board. It’s a good trick of the trade that keeps the eye moving.
No party is complete without a variety of fresh vegetables, or crudites. They give a healthy alternative to the spread, as well as act as a palate cleanser between bites.
Choices here include carrot sticks, celery sticks, and green beans. The beans are slightly steamed so they’re not raw but still have a firm texture and crunch.
Other good options are cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, or broccoli spears.
Add two dips that will accommodate the chicken wings and the vegetables for dipping. Obvious choices are blue cheese dressing and ranch dressing.
For best taste use a high quality brand or make your own with a seasoning mix.
HOSTESS TIP: Add some crumbled blue cheese to the blue cheese dressing to pump up the flavor and texture.
I’m a chip junkie so every football party has to have some crispy crunchy chips! Here I’ve included two flavors. These are terrific to add to your snack board and you can dunk them in the dips too.
I suggest you offer plain potato chips and bbq potato chips as those flavors please most people. Ridged or ruffled varieties hold up better for dipping.
How to Make It
- Start by placing two dip bowls near the center of the board.
- Add the chicken wings on opposite corners of each other.
- Add potato chips on the other two corners, opposite one another.
- Fill in the board with sliced carrots, celery, and steamed green beans.
- Place cheese cubes or easy cheese & pineapple appetizers to the final presentation.
PARTY TIP: Style a game day snack board with festive football themed accents like party picks, bowls, and napkins.
*Post contains affiliate links
Be sure to set the scene for your tailgating party with lots of football themed paraphernalia. This is the fun part!
- Use turf grass for your table topper. It’s such a great foundation to instantly add that football field vibe. Order online or head to the DIY home store and have a piece cut to size. You can find this in the rug section, and it’s quite inexpensive.
- Add football themed food picks to the cheese cubes or other snacks.
- Decorate with pompoms. I like the neutral look of black and white but you can certainly use the colors of your favorite team.
- Black and white striped napkins echo the look of the referee’s uniforms, while yellow napkins are like that of the penalty flag.
- A football is a no-brainer for this party décor. I love the look of these vintage style footballs that you can find in your team logo.
What to Serve with Tailgate Charcuterie
Round out your football charcuterie board with one or more of these game day snacks.
More Boards to Try
If you love charcuterie boards, you’ll love to serve my charcuterie skewers! Give any of these other themed boards a try too.
- Chicken wings; two flavors
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Steamed green beans
- Plain potato chips
- BBQ flavored potato chips
- Cheddar & pineapple cubes
- Ranch dip
- Blue Cheese dip
- Place dips in bowls in the center of the board.
- Add chicken on opposite sides of the board.
- Add chips on opposite sides.
- Fill in with vegetables and cheese cubes.
Estimate 6 chicken wings per guest.
Quantities can be increased or decreased to suit the number of party guests.