Set up a game day popcorn bar for your next football party, tailgate, or super bowl party. Add tasty toppings and easy add-ins and set it up as a snack buffet. See the details and get inspired for game day snack ideas here.
Game Day Popcorn Bar
Hey football fans, it’s time to start planning your viewing party for the Big Game in two weeks! If you’re the hostess, that means food, drink, and festive party decorations.
Setting up a gamed day popcorn bar is a good place to start, and microwave popcorn makes it even easier to assemble.
To set the base for my popcorn bar I popped two bags each of lightly salted, and butter popcorn. That was enough to fill two large jars, and plenty enough to feed a small crowd.
To round out the party offering, I made mini sandwiches using my slow cooker bbq beef recipe + homemade slaw.
Football themed decorations
- For decorations, stick with a black and white and green color palette to make it super easy and chic.
- Add some football-themed printables, diy pennants, footballs, megaphones, and a bright yellow “penalty flag.”
- Black & white striped fabric mimics the look of the referee’s shirts.
- The backdrop is a board painted with chalkboard paint. White masking tape creates the lines of a football field, while craft stickers define the yard lines and end zone.
A popcorn bar makes the perfect interactive snack station for game day. It’s a whole grain food that’s easily transformed with sweet or salty add-ins.
How to set up a Football Party Popcorn Bar
The popcorn is lightly seasoned so it makes a terrific base for the add-ins bar that included:
- Asian Nut Crunch Trail Mix
- Dried Fruit Mix
- Peanut Butter & Salty Mix
- Chocolate candies
These flavors cover a variety of salty and sweet options. They can be combined such as fruit mix + chocolates + lightly salted popcorn; or Asian mix + butter flavored popcorn; the skies the limit! You can even add the ingredients for my popcorn snack mix I shared earlier.
Add drinks to quench your guest’s thirst, and small snack boxes for guests to fill with their popcorn snack mix.
If you love this idea please PIN, Share, or sign up for our Newsletter at the top of the page. Cheers!