You’re going to love our family’s favorite popcorn snack mix that we’ve been making for years!
Easy Popcorn Snack Mix
Happy new year! Now that all that baking and partying and over-indulging from the holidays is behind us, it’s time to look for new snack options to satisfy the taste buds.
Popcorn has been our go-to snack food for years. And now I’m sharing our family’s favorite snack mix using microwavable popcorn.
This popcorn snack mix is a staple after school snack. We always have the ingredients on hand, and it goes together in just a few minutes.
My children love the combination of textures and flavors, while I love the fact that it’s healthier and more nutritious than some other snacking choices. The popcorn provides whole grain fiber while almonds add a protein boost.
Check out our family favorite recipe below.
Easy Party Snack
This is the perfect afternoon snack for me this time of year as I’m trying to get back on track after the holidays, and eat lighter and healthier. I’m a certified savory food lover which is why popcorn is one of my favorite foods.
It’s more filling than eating chips, and it keeps me full longer. Eating a bag of microwave popcorn is fine on its own, but it turns into a real treat when combined with these flavorful add-ins.
- Mix up a batch of this popcorn mix for after school snacking.
- Put bowls of it on tables for a football game day party.
- Popcorn snack mix is perfect for a movie night or an awards show party.
PIN this post
A few notes about the recipe: I recommend using the pretzel sticks rather than other pretzel shapes because I think the balance of flavors is better. To me, those little shaped pretzels can be too much pretzel, if you know what I mean.
We also use a little bit of spray butter substitute just to help the seasonings stick to the popcorn. You don’t need a lot because the popcorn is already lightly flavored.
Popcorn Snack Mix Ingredients
- 1 bag Orville Redenbacher’s Naturals Simply Salted popcorn, popped
- Pretzel sticks
- Almonds, lightly salted or smoked flavored
- chili powder
- grated Parmesan cheese
- spray butter substitute
Combine popcorn, pretzel sticks, and almonds in a bowl.
Lightly spray with butter substitute and sprinkle on chili powder and cheese. Lightly spray more butter substitute and toss lightly.
TIP: Add chili powder and cheese with a light hand at first so you don’t over do it. Remember, you can always add more, but you can’t take it away if you add too much!
- I actually saw a news piece on tv recently, about Orville Redenbacher’s commitment to bringing the best popcorn from farms to your family. He began his business by hand-selecting a small group of family farmers to grow his exclusive popcorn kernel. Today, they still grow Orville’s high quality, non-GMO, 100% whole grain kernels that pop up lighter and fluffier than ordinary popcorn. To top it off, they’re the only leading popcorn brand who uses real butter.