These sweet candied pecans have a cinnamon-sugar coating with egg whites and a hint of cayenne. They strike the perfect balance as an appetizer snack for a party at home. Make them for easy cocktail parties or year-round celebrations.
Sweet Party Snack
I can’t think of any party or event where nuts aren’t a welcome snack option. Not only are they good for you, they can be flavored in an endless number of ways from savory to sweet to spicy.
This sweet candied pecans recipe is one of my favorites as it combines meaty pecans with a cinnamon-sugar glaze with perfect balance.
Set out a dish of these glazed nuts on the bar and around the party space for guests to nibble on as they mingle.
How to make Cinnamon Sugar Pecans
I like using pecans for this recipe, but of course you could also use walnuts or almonds too.
- Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper before adding the pecans, for easy removal and clean up
- Whisk the egg white briskly in a large bowl until it is frothy. Add the nuts and stir to coat them.
- Combine the dry spices together in another bowl and add them to the pecans. Stir until all the nuts are evenly coated.
- Bake as directed and let the pecans cool completely so they are candied and crisp.
- Store lightly covered for up to a week, if they last that long!
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk egg white in a bowl until foamy. Add pecan and stir to coat.
- In a separate bowl combine sugars and spices. Add to pecans and stir to coat evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spread pecans in a single layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, turning and stirring after 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Store in air tight container.