These Game Day Snack Ideas with DIY chip cones will have you ready for casual entertaining at home, in no time! Get my tips and easy craft, here. This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of popchips®
It doesn’t matter if you’re in to sports or not, when it comes to big game events that involve a party…I’m all in! I love the casual food that’s served, the socializing and cheering, and yes, even the competition that fills the air. As a hostess, I also REALLY love that game day parties are a group effort in that everyone brings a favorite snack to share.
These game day snack ideas are great for enjoying the festivities at home alone with the family, but are also a great starting point if you’re hosting and will be providing some basic snacks to guests. I’ve set up a simple party food buffet that can stand alone for a family of four, or be the basis for which other goodies will be added to by guests.
I’m also sharing a simple DIY snack cone project that you can do (or have the kids do) ahead and fill with Popchips®! Here we used two flavors: Zesty Jalapeno Cheddar and Buffalo Ranch.
Game Day Snack Ideas
- You know we love a signature drink around here, but for game day nothing beats a growler of beer! We have local bars nearby, who will fill them up for you to take home. It’s a great way to introduce guests to a new favorite beer as well as inform them about the local bar/restaurant.
- Mini sandwiches made with slow cooker bbq beef is my go-to snack when I need to serve something hearty. We like them topped with slaw but some people don’t, so have both available for guests. As an extra special touch I topped each one with a fried sage leaf. Makes a cute garnish and tastes so good!
- Fresh veggies are always a welcome option. I think it makes us feel less guilty about all the other indulgences!
- You can’t have a party without chips! I LOVE Popchips and serving them in these football themed snack cones makes it so easy to carry around as you socialize. Follow the directions below, to make your own, and display them in a foam-filled box.
This is a tasty game day buffet that allows guests to fill in with their favorite dips, finger foods, and desserts. It also makes a terrific movie night spread!
Fill these snack cones with popchips for game day. Popchips are never fried, they’re gluten free, and kosher. You can feel good about your snack choice knowing that they have nothing artificial, no trans fats, cholesterol, or preservatives. But what they DO have is lots of amazing flavors – I especially love the Sea Salt served with a cheese platter, as well as the Barbecue flavors. They also meet USDA Smart Snack guidelines.
Once you have your cones made, insert them into a small box that’s been filled with craft foam to hold them steady. Wrap the box with coordinating wrapping paper or kraft paper beforehand.
Football themed Snack Cones
- football themed scrapbook paper
- white masking tape
- small salad or dessert plate
- pen or pencil
- 6-inch wooden skewers
Use the plate to trace 4 half circles onto the scrapbook paper. These are about 4 1/4 inches at the widest point from the edge of the paper.
Cut the half circles out and bring the 2 end points up and overlapping to create a cone shape. Secure with a staple or tape.
Pull a skewer through the small opening at the bottom of the cone, and attach it to the “back” side of the cone using tape.
Using the white craft or masking tape, cut thin strips to mimic football stitching and attach them to the front side of the cones.
Now, fill your snack cones with chips!
These game day snack ideas will have your guests cheering for you!