These game day snack ideas will have you ready for a game day party at home in no time! Get tips to set up a simple party buffet with football theme party decorations and tasty food.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
Game Day Snack Ideas
This game day snack table makes stylish entertaining easy and fun for family and guests alike.
It doesn’t matter if you’re in to sports or not, when it comes to big game events that involve a party…I’m all in! I love the casual food that’s served, the socializing and cheering, and yes, even the competition that fills the air.
As a hostess, I also REALLY love that a game day party is a group effort. Everyone brings a favorite snack to share.
These game day snack ideas are great for enjoying the festivities at home with the family. But they’re also a great starting point if you’re hosting and guests will be bringing football food to share.
I’m also sharing a simple DIY snack cone project that you can make (or have the kids make) ahead and fill with chips.
Football Party Food Buffet
- You know we love a signature drink around here, but for game day nothing beats a growler of beer! We have local bars nearby, who will fill them up for you to take home. It’s a great way to introduce guests to a new favorite beer as well as inform them about the local bar/restaurant.
- These mini party sandwiches, or sliders made with slow cooker bbq beef are my go-to snack when I need to serve something hearty. We like them topped with slaw but some people don’t, so have both available for guests. As an extra special touch I topped each one with a fried sage leaf. Makes a cute garnish and tastes so good!
- Fresh veggie dip bread cups are always a welcome option and make a great addition to a football party snack board. I think it makes us feel less guilty about all the other indulgences!
- You can’t have a party without chips! I LOVE Popchips and serving them in these football themed snack cones makes it so easy to carry around as you socialize. Follow the directions below, to make your own, and display them in a foam-filled box.
This is a tasty game day buffet that allows guests to fill in with their favorite dips, finger foods, and desserts. It also makes a terrific movie night spread!
More Game Day Party Ideas
Here are some other food buffet ideas for a football party.
- You and guests will love this game day popcorn bar.
- Set up a game day ice cream bar for dessert.
- This football theme beer and snack bar is a fun addition.
- Host a stress free football party with an easy buffet.
- Here’s another game day beer tasting party bar.
Fill these snack cones with crunchy chips for game day.
Once you have your cones made, insert them into a small box that’s been filled with craft foam to hold them steady. Wrap the box with coordinating wrapping paper or kraft paper beforehand.
DIY Football themed Snack Cones
- football themed scrapbook paper
- white masking tape
- small salad or dessert plate
- pen or pencil
- 6-inch wooden skewers
Use the plate to trace 4 half circles onto the scrapbook paper. These are about 4 1/4 inches at the widest point from the edge of the paper.
Cut the half circles out and bring the 2 end points up and overlapping to create a cone shape. Secure with a staple or tape.
Pull a skewer through the small opening at the bottom of the cone, and attach it to the “back” side of the cone using tape.
Using the white craft or masking tape, cut thin strips to mimic football stitching and attach them to the front side of the cones.
Now, fill your snack cones with chips!
These game day snack ideas will have your guests cheering for you!