Christmas Cocktails & Cheers Party

Time to spread a little holiday cheer by hosting a small cocktail party (for 6-8 guests)!  I teamed up with Fresh Press to design this gathering inspired by their “Cocktails and Cheers invitation”. Their designs are sleek and modern, and for this one I simply brought the swag from the invitation into my design, using ribbon and felt circles.  Read on for the party details.

The food is part of the design with it’s green, red, and white hues.
  • I’ve always loved a mashed potato bar so I served some up in mini martini glasses.  The mini glasses keep the portion size just right.  Set out toppings such as shredded cheese, bacon bits, and chives.
  • At my annual Christmas party, shrimp cocktail is always the first thing to go.  I made individual servings using small tea light holders.  The well is perfect for holding cocktail sauce and the shrimp sits on the side nicely.
  • For some international flair I served wonton pot stickers in Asian spoons.  Again, the bowl of the spoon holds a sweet chili sauce that you can double-dip in without guilt.
  • For a fun and unexpected touch, I served individual ceasar ”salad shooters” in small shot glasses.  The colors are right on with green lettuce and red cherry tomatoes.
  • Finally, serve a signature cocktail for the evening and give it a themed name.  Champagne is always my celebration drink of choice and it’s made that much better with the addition of cranberry juice and amaretto add-ins.  Get the full recipe for my “Jolly Old Elf” cocktail here!
   I hope this party inspiration gets you in the mood for holiday entertaining.
Cheers!

For more inspiration, follow me on Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. Cheers!

Comments

1. I love all of your designs / ideas… but am always curious if this is actually how you design your tables for the actual parties? Isn't it expensive to buy all the "tasting" size plates / spoons? Also, there is only about 6 salad shooters shown.. is that really all you serve? Thanks!! I'm having a party myself and am curious!

2. so beautiful! I love your ideas, especially using tea light holders for shrimp cocktail.

Anonymous, this is an "inspiration" design. The purpose is to give you ideas that you can incorporate in some way, big or small. It's also for an intimate gathering of 6-8 guests, so you wouldn't need lots of extra paraphernalia.
    And, YES, my friends can attest to the fact that I do go over and above the call of duty when it comes to styling my own paries : )

4. Save the Date for Cupcakes says:

AWESOME, Chris! I have the tasing platters/sets myself, and they are the perfect serving size for a small gathering. I just love this sophisticated design.

5. CupKate's And Parties says:

This table is beautiful! It all looks amazing, but in particular I'd like to say you're a total genius for figuring out to serve the shrimp cocktail in the tea light holders! So smart!

6. As the More is More Mom, I love the authenticity of your design. Personally, I think that your serving piece inspirations would be a great investment for future entertaining. Great job!

7. Kelly - The Party Dress says:

Very cute, Chris!

8. Kate Landers Events, LLC © 2009 says:

I just love the red pom pom trim, adore that idea!!!!! And love how you used the invite as inspiration for the design, just lovely, I especially like it against the white-really allows the food to stand out!

9. lovetheday says:

Oh cut it out! You are amazing. I love this. The pom-poms are such a great idea.

10. jamie@giggledustparties says:

Love it Chris! Everything looks amazing. Hope you enjoyed sampling the goodies!

11. I love this design so clean, simple and well thought out! Thank you for sharing your great ideas.

12. How wonderful! Loving the decorated pedestals for the garnishes! Brilliant idea! Best, Jillian@catchmyparty

13. Fabulous design! Love it.
    I"m doing something similar for NYE!

14. Sandra Downie says:

OMG…Chris…this is so BEAUTIFUL and love your color choices. I am doing a tasting for my New Years Eve inspiration shoot as well!! I am dieting again after Thanksgiving and this is torture :-)

15. A Blissful Nest says:

Oh Chris this is FANTASTIC!! I love the garland behind the table!!

16. Kim @ Party Frosting! says:

I am so in love! Tucking this away in my wedding inspiration file for sure! I am a huge mini fan and you rocked it!

hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

17. Nicole @ Tradewind Tiaras says:

Clever use of those Ikea vases! I have a project using them on Friday, but I never thought to put liquids in them!

18. I run for cake! says:

What a beautiful party idea! Love the FaLaLa invite and matching red & green garland that is carried through in the backdrop.

19. Brilliant idea for the shrimp and ceasar salad. First class all around Chris! I love your work! Keep inspiring us!

20. Brittany @ GreyGreyDesigns says:

Oh the pom pom trim is the CUTEST. Why does that always make everything look extra cute? Also, love the garlands!

21. Luna and Chloe says:

Chris this is just fabulous! I LOVE the mash potatoes in the martini glasses – so clever. And those pom-poms decorating the candlesticks – well I love them! Amazing job ;-)

xoxo
    kristi

22. Petit Artiste, Beatriz Azevedo says:

Chris, congratulations. It looks simple at first but then when you explore the details it is so inspirational, so delicate, those small portions (I love them). Beatriz

23. I really loved this. My three best girlfriends will all be in town over the holidays and it's nice to have inspiration for a small gathering.

24. Christi Bennett @ pisforparty says:

The setup is gorgeous! I just realized I never left a comment here to let you know how good everything looks!

25. Cupcakes and Cutlery says:

I love this party! I love how modern and clean everything looks. Gosh dang it. Invite me over already! ;)

26. Ebony of Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. says:

Chris, I did a mashed potato bar at a corporate event last Monday and it was a big hit…so much so that I have added it to my list for our Christmas dinner! Everyone loves mashed potatos! :)

Ebony

shrimp cocktail in tea light holders…FANTASTIC IDEA!

27. Ebony of Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. says:

Ebony

shrimp cocktail in tea light holders…FANTASTIC IDEA!

28. Ebony of Sparkling Events & Designs, LLC. says:

Ebony

shrimp cocktail in tea light holders…FANTASTIC IDEA!

29. Stockberry says:

Wow! This look wonderful!

30. jackie fo says:

I absolutely love the mini ornaments hanging from the wonton soup spoons – such a great touch!

31. CAn I get the recipe for the sald shooters? Looks great!!

• Hi Chris, there’s really no recipe involved, just romain lettuce, cherry tomatoes, shredded parmasan cheese, croutons, and ceasar dressing. You just have to make sure to cut up the lettuce into small sizes : )

32. LOVED everything about this!!
    Beautiful and cheerful!! Just what the Holiday Season is supposed to be.
    Thank you!!

33. Burundanguitas says:

Hi Chris,
    Definetly you ROCK girl, this is amazing, I love all details and the food, everything.
    Tks for being such and inspiration for me.
    Rgds, dalys/burundanguitas

34. Oh my, this is such a lovely and inspiring party setting! It has all the things I love, and the food is beyond mouthwatering :) Thank you so much for the inspiration!

xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

1. [...] simple with these ideas and tips.  I decided to design a bar that would coordinate with my Cocktails & Cheers party.  By following the same color scheme and incorporating the felt circle swag & other [...]

2. [...] // The perfect signature cocktail to make you jolly!  This is what I recommend with the Cocktails & Cheers party.  Garnish with frozen cranberries to keep it cold and make it pretty. Jolly Old Elf In a fluted [...]

3. [...] infamous IKEA vases.  I used them to hold bar mixers on the Cocktails & Cheers design here and here, and now I’m using them to create little Christmas “trees”.  The shape is [...]

4. [...] things up my sleeve? Well, this is it. The December issue of Cottages & Bungalows published my Cocktails & Cheers party from last year!! The magazine is on news stands now and I am seriously thrilled to have TWO features [...]

5. [...] when it’s in a smaller portion size – even salad and beans! Why not serve little ceasar salads in glass votive holders or shot glasses, or fill 4 oz canning jars with baked beans for a summer cookout. As guests move [...]

6. [...] vessels on a party buffet. Use them for parfaits, to hold small snacks {like gold fish crackers}, salad ‘shots’, or for beverages like in our beer tasting party. You’ll be amazed at how much wear you can [...]

7. [...] Сelebrations at home предлагает дизайн для коктейльной вечеринки дома. [...]

8. [...] 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 e 20} var addthis_config = [...]

9. […] simple with these ideas and tips.  I decided to design a bar that would coordinate with my Cocktails & Cheers party.  By following the same color scheme and incorporating the felt circle swag & other […]