This Easy Eggnog Punch Recipe is exactly what you need to make for the holidays. Serve it for Christmas parties and entertaining all season long. Get the deliciously simple recipe below.
Easy Eggnog Punch
This easy eggnog punch recipe will make your Christmas entertaining more festive and fun. And it starts with commercial eggnog.
No apologies here. The holidays are a busy time and everything doesn’t have to be made from scratch. It’s not about what you start with, it’s about what you end up with!
Hard core foodies may scoff at that but you can use your homemade recipe if you like.
The great thing about this mixture is that you can put it all in a punch bowl and leave it sitting out for guests to refill when they’re ready.
Eggnog punch for your holiday party
Serve eggnog the easy way with this deliciously simple Christmas punch recipe.
I first tasted this punch over 20 years ago at my boss’ Christmas party. I couldn’t get enough of it and was surprised to hear how easy it was to prepare. The whipped topping adds a creaminess while the ice cream keeps it nice and chilled. It’s almost like a milkshake!
To make this kid-friendly just omit the bourbon or make individual glasses without the alcohol as seen on our rustic Christmas treats table.
More Recipes Using Eggnog
For the eggnog fans, here are some more ways to enjoy this delicious drink as an ingredient in other recipes.
This recipe is incredibly easy when you start with store-bought eggnog. And it’s the perfect pairing for homemade sweet treats and cookies.
Easy Eggnog Punch Recipe
- Start with a carton of commercial eggnog. I like to get the “light” or low fat variety if I can. It feels less guilty!
- Best quality of vanilla ice cream you can find. I love to use Breyers Natural Vanilla for this.
- Add the Christmas spirit with bourbon!
- Cool Whip adds creaminess and bit of a topping to the punch.
- Sprinkle with grated nutmeg to add more flavor.
Mix together the eggnog and bourbon in a punch bowl. A whisk works well for this since the eggnog is thicker than the liquor.
Add scoops of ice cream to the mix and stir a bit. You don’t want to melt it altogether as it will help keep the punch chilled and melt slowly on its own.
Top with dollops of whip topping and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 2 quarts commercial eggnog
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened (I love Breyers Natural Vanilla)
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon
- 1 carton Cool Whip topping
- Grated Nutmeg
- Combine eggnog and bourbon in a punch bowl until well blended.
- Add scoops of ice cream and stir a bit to help blend.
- Top with dollops of whip topping and sprinkle with nutmeg.