This recipe for Midori drinks is dressed up with champagne and cinnamon schnapps making it delicious for a party. The green cocktail is ideal for St. Patrick’s day celebrations, Spring parties, or Christmas entertaining.
Green Cocktails with Midori
I’m sharing a delicious green cocktail recipe made with champagne and Goldschlager. Create one of these festive Midori drinks to celebrate holidays and theme parties.
Midori is a very sweet melon flavored liqueur and is best combined with mixers that will offset or balance the sweetness.
The green color is perfect for a signature drink at an Irish themed dinner party for St. Patrick’s day. Or one of these party ideas that incorporate green as part of the theme.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- It has a unique flavor combination that’s very festive!
- The green color is perfect for a themed party drink.
- It’s lightly sweet with the warming spice of cinnamon.
- It goes great with savory appetizers.
Midori liqueur substitute
Midori is one of those liqueurs that’s known more by its brand name than by its flavor description. It has a distinct melon flavor that can be substituted with Dekuyper or McGuinness brands.
What to serve with this cocktail
Serve these savory appetizers to balance this sweet sparkling drink.
- Savory spicy pecans
- Ham & Swiss mini sandwich appetizers
- Cheesy bacon potato bites
- Cheese and charcuterie party board
- Cheese & bacon canapes
Use Goldschlager cinnamon schnapps liqueur for a party. It has small gold flecks floating inside.
You can use champagne, Prosecco, Cava, or sparkling wine.
Keep leftover Midori in the refrigerator if you don’t plan on drinking it within a month or so.
More drinks made with Midori
Check out these cocktail recipes for your next celebration at home.
- 1 oz. Midori melon liqueur
- 1 oz. Cinnamon schnapps such as Goldschlager liqueur
- Champagne or Prosecco, chilled
- Add the Midor and the Goldschlager to a fluted glass or coupe.
- Top with champagne or Prosecco and enjoy.