This recipe for Midori drinks is dressed up with champagne and cinnamon schnapps making it delicious for a party. The green cocktail is ideal for St. Patrick’s day celebrations, Spring parties, or Christmas entertaining.
Green Cocktails with Midori
I’m sharing a delicious green cocktail recipe made with champagne and Goldschlager. Create one of these festive Midori drinks to celebrate holidays and theme parties.
Midori is a very sweet melon flavored liqueur and is best combined with mixers that will offset or balance the sweetness.
When to Serve It
The green color is perfect for a signature drink at an Irish themed dinner party or for any of these themes that incorporate green as part of the color scheme.
- Add it to these St. Patrick’s day party ideas for adults.
- A green dinner party to celebrate spring or summer.
- New Orleans themed Mardi Gras dinner party.
- Red and Green Naughty or Nice Christmas party.
- An outdoor Tropical themed party.
- Set up a Halloween bar with this green “potion.”
- Father’s day or birthday Golf themed party.
Why You’ll Love It
- It has a unique flavor combination that’s very festive!
- The green color is perfect for a themed party drink.
- It’s lightly sweet with the warming spice of cinnamon.
- It goes great with savory appetizers.
Midori Liqueur Substitute
Midori is one of those liqueurs that’s known more by its brand name than by its flavor description. It has a distinct melon flavor that can be substituted with Dekuyper or McGuinness brands.
Use Goldschlager cinnamon schnapps liqueur for a party. It has small gold flecks floating inside.
You can use champagne, Prosecco, Cava, or sparkling wine.
Keep leftover Midori in the refrigerator if you don’t plan on drinking it within a month or so.
- 1 oz. Midori melon liqueur
- 1 oz. Cinnamon schnapps such as Goldschlager liqueur
- Champagne or Prosecco, chilled
- Add the Midor and the Goldschlager to a fluted glass or coupe.
- Top with champagne or Prosecco and enjoy.