These Naughty or Nice Christmas Party ideas for adults are sure to get you in the holiday spirit! It’s perfect for a Christmas cocktail party with food ideas and red and green decorations. This whimsical party theme is easy to create and has FREE printable table signs to help you decorate.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
Naughty or Nice Christmas Party ideas
I hope you all had a relaxing and joyful Thanksgiving! Now it’s full steam ahead with Christmas party planning and holiday entertaining. And I’m kicking it off with this Naughty or Nice Christmas party.
The overall concept of this party is simple. Carry out the “naughty or nice” theme by offering indulgent food and drink options for the naughty, and light and healthy options for the nice. It’s a fun play on words and will delight your guests.
This is a fun party theme for a ladies night or as a grown-up cocktail party. Host this easy party for friends whether they’ve been bad or good!
Christmas Party Buffet
This year I’m going back to the classic colors of Christmas, with red and green. But how do you update that color scheme and make it look fresh? You surround it with black and white of course!
While the red and green decorations are festive, the addition of black and white really gives the display a modern, adult feel. I used my black & white striped table runner that makes everything on it pop with color!
Create a cocktail party buffet with some finger foods that are “naughty” and some that are “nice.”
The naughty appetizers consisted of:
- fried macaroni & cheese balls
- spicy chicken samosas
- these bacon-wrapped dates
The nice appetizers included:
- crudites with hummus
- mini fruit cups
- California sushi rolls
Here are some more easy & elegant hors d’oeuvres to consider adding.
This Naughty or Nice party was inspired by invitations from Tiny Prints. Unfortunately they’re no longer available. No worries. I’m sure you can do a quick search and find something you like. Then just follow our party plan to decorate and set up.
PARTY TIP 1: Match your Christmas tree decor to your party theme. If the tree is in another room it will tie the two spaces together for a cohesive look.
PARTY TIP 2: Before the Christmas tree is inundated with gifts, fill the space underneath with tissue honeycomb balls.
See more tips for decorating your Christmas tree no matter what color or theme you choose.
Naughty or Nice Free Printables
I created these PRINTABLE NAUGHTY or NICE SIGNS that you can download and print. You’ll get these 3 table signs in one download.
- Large sign to fit in a 8 x 10 frame. This is a great sign to set the tone for the overall party theme.
- Small table sign to fit in a 4 x 6 frame. Use this to indicate which side of the table the indulgent food or drink are on, and the more “sensible” food and drinks are on.
- Tent style dessert sign. You don’t need a frame but you can certainly use one with this horizontal dessert sign.
Christmas Party Bar Cart
This is the perfect party for a bar cart display, and I have a great idea for you… an eggnog bar!
Eggnog is a fun & festive seasonal beverage, and it can take on a variety of spirit add-ins. All you have to do is make a batch of my easy eggnog punch (without the alcohol added) and serve it from a punch bowl or pitcher.
Then provide some tasty liqueurs for guests to add into their own drink.
- Some great options are Godiva chocolate liqueur, Amaretto, Frangelico, Kahlua, spiced rum, or bourbon.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over your eggnog for a spiced garnish, and add a few scoops of natural vanilla ice cream to the punch bowl or pitcher to help keep it chilled.
- Holiday themed drink stirrers and napkins round out the bar cart accouterments, while apothecary jars filled with ornaments provides decoration.
- Print and frame my “Nice or Naughty” sign (linked above) and place it on the bar.
Christmas Party Desserts
- Keep the party moving with stations set up around the party space.
- Clear off a book shelf and turn it into a dessert buffet like I did here. When you don’t have a large space, using vertical space is the next best thing!
- An array of mini desserts will satisfy the taste buds and allow guests to try different things. Print out my “just be naughty” dessert sign (linked above) to add to the display.
- Add some bottles of bubbly because, well, it’s a celebration!
- Set out boxed party favors topped with Naughty or Nice tags. You can fill them with homemade peppermint Oreo truffles or holiday chocolate dipped biscotti for a tasty take-home treat.
The overall concept of this party is simple: carry out the naughty or nice theme by offering indulgent food and drink options, as well as light and healthy options for balance. It’s a fun play on words and will delight your guests.