Set up a Halloween Bar with Science Lab theme for a festive adult party. Get all the bar ideas, a free printable bar sign, snacks, and decorations to serve your “spirits” of choice. You’ll love these Halloween party ideas to serve your cocktails in style.
Halloween Theme for Adults
Setting up a Halloween party bar opens the door to so many possibilities. There are lots of ways to turn your “spirits” into ‘magic potions‘, ‘poisons‘, and ‘tonics.‘ And coming up with puns and creative names is half the fun!
I’ve always loved science lab themed decor for Halloween parties. And you can purchase all the fun lab supplies right from your computer so there’s no excuse not to create a Halloween bar with a science lab theme.
Science Lab Party Decorations
*Post contains affiliate links. I earn commission from Amazon purchases.
Here’s the science lab decor you’re going to need to create this Halloween bar. And once you have it you can use it year after year!
The black and white striped fabric gives this decor a more modern look. It’s interesting how one simple tweak can change a design into a modern, rustic, or whimsical look.
Create a rustic, abandoned lab theme by using burlap or spooky Halloween fabric for the base. Lean old empty frames against the wall and it will look completely different.
For a Gothic-glam look, cover the table in black lace and black or silver ornate frames. The possibilities for creating your Halloween bar are endless.
Keep drinks simple by offering a signature punch and a single liquor. Our friends love vodka so that’s what I choose, plus it’s just so versatile.
You can mix up a variety of cocktails using vodka as a base. Provide mixers like tomato juice, apple liqueur, pineapple juice, olive juice, and blue Curacao.
This allows guests to mix up a dirty martini, a bloody Mary, or a variety of sweeter drinks. Pour the mixers into an array of science lab vessels: a flat bottom boiling flask, a large beaker, a graduated cylinder, and a volumetric flask .
I made a punch mixture of cranberry juice, orange juice, and lychee juice. Guests can use it as a mixer or drink it on its own.
I decanted the vodka into a flip top bottle, and poured the punch into a carafe. Just add Halloween themed labels to dress them up.
For the blue Curacao I added a syringe to the large flask so it can be filled and squirted into the drink, just for fun!
Garnish drinks with olives, onions, and floating eyeballs, aka ‘worm warts’, ‘slugs’, and ‘monster eyeballs.’
For the eyeballs, simply stuff canned whole lychees with a grape, dark cherry or blueberry.
Use small flasks as glasses to drink from. Accent the table with an old chandelier or candelabra sitting on its side.
To round out the table decoration with science books, skulls, and insects.
Small round dipping plates mimic the look of petri dishes. The “petri dishes” hold “mold” in the form of blue cheese and spinach dip.
Mini sized beakers are used to hold “brain specimens” aka pasta salad, and small cocktail forks are tucked inside.
Halloween Bar sign
- The finishing touch for this science theme bar is a printable bar sign. I knew I wanted to incorporate a bar sign that used the periodic table of elements somehow. And what’s more clever than using the symbols to spell out the word “bar”! Using “B” for boron and “Ar” for argon, I printed out some simple sheets that I hung using these mini spring clips. I think it looks very modern and sleek. You can use the spring clips over and over again, and they won’t damage your walls.
Download your FREE printable bar sign here.
- To add just a little more interest to the area I hung a mini bunting made from washi tape and bakers twine. I used banner anchors to hang it and I love how they’re clear so they’re unobtrusive to the eye.
More Halloween Party Ideas
- Host a chic black Halloween dinner party.
- Host a Ladies Night Halloween party Witches Night In theme.
- Serve a variety of Halloween cocktails with fun garnishes.
- Mix up some black magic cocktails for a black widow martini.
So, what do you think? Are you hosting an adult Halloween party this year? If so I hope you can use some of these Halloween bar ideas.