Serve St. Patrick’s Day cocktails to celebrate the luck of the Irish. Make this green drink your signature cocktail for a party. It’s a tasty combination has just 3 ingredients, including Midori and pineapple vodka.
How do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? From what little I know about my family’s heritage, we do have some Irish blood. Not surprising given my penchant for parties!
If you’re not a beer drinker this cocktail will let you sip in style for St. Patrick’s day. It all starts with green melon liqueur like Midori or DeKuyper. Give the drink a fun name like a Green Leprechaun or a Sweet Shamrock to fit the theme of the holiday.
PARTY TIP: Serve this green drinks for other holidays too, like Christmas or Halloween. Just change the name to reflect the holiday!
More St. Patrick’s Day Cocktails
There are a variety of drinks and Irish cocktails you can serve for a St. Paddy’s day celebration. From green beer, to Guinness Stout, to Irish whiskey, there’s no shortage of St. Patrick’s day beverages. Here are a few others to try.
- Make a large batch of green punch for a crowd. This recipe also uses melon flavored liqueur.
- For a real celebration, serve this champagne and Midori drinks recipe.
- This Kahlua & coffee with Irish Cream is sensational for a morning brunch party or after dinner drink.
- Other green alcoholic drinks to try are green Dublin cocktail made with green apple liqueur and Irish whiskey, or this lucky leprechaun rum punch.
Presentation can take this cocktail to the next level. Give this drink a fun St. Patrick’s day party presentation with these ideas.
- Place drinks on a gold tray and surround them with gold coins. This becomes the “pot of gold” at the end of the rainbow.
- Make a “rainbow” backdrop by tying colorful ribbon around a wooden dowel or taping it to a wall. Hang the ribbon in order of the rainbow colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.
- Take the display a step further by placing turf grass as the table cover. Turf rugs are inexpensive and can be cut to size at home stores like Lowe’s.
No doubt this will have guests feeling like they have the luck o’ the Irish!
How to Make it
This is a refreshing beverage that’s lightly sweet. The flavors of melon, pineapple, and lime combine to make a delicious signature party drink.
- Use melon flavored liqueur like Midori or DeKuyper. The green tint gives you the look you want for St. Patrick’s day without adding any food coloring.
- The melon liqueur is sweet. Very sweet! So you don’t need to use a lot, and you’ll add a mixer that helps cut the sweetness and adds balance.
- Pineapple vodka mixes so well with the melon flavor and helps create more depth in this drink.
- The final layer of this cocktail is lime flavored sparkling water. There’s no sugar added, but it gives the drink effervescence!
- Add all the ingredients into a short glass with ice. Garnish it with a lime wheel and a pinch of gold sprinkles.
PARTY TIP: If you can’t find the lime sparkling water, just use regular sparkling water (like San Pellegrino or Perrier) and squeeze a wedge of lime into it.
- 1 ounce Melon liqueur (Midori or DeKuyper)
- 1 ounce Pineapple flavored vodka
- 4 ounces Sparkling water with lime flavor
- Combine all ingredients in a highball glass over ice.
- Garnish with a lime and gold sprinkles if desired.
Use plain sparkling water with a squeeze of lime as a substitute for the lime flavored sparkling water.