A nuts and berries drink is a classic creamy cocktail with Frangelico and Chambord. The flavor combination is the perfect blend of hazelnut liqueur and raspberry liqueur, and smoothed out with half and half. Serve it for a brunch party or as an after dinner drink, or pair it with simple appetizers.
Nuts and berries drink
If you like to drink your dessert or you just love sweet creamy drinks, then this nuts and berries cocktail is for you!
This delicious cocktail recipe is nice to sip on with appetizers, or to serve after dinner. It’s easy to make with just 3 ingredients and the combination of flavors is a favorite among guests.
Truth be told, this tasty drink was one of the first milk-based cocktails I fell in love with back in my 20’s! It’s classic, it’s simple, and it’s fantastic! What are you waiting for?
How to make Nuts and Berries
You’ll need a cocktail shaker for this one, but in a pinch you can simply stir the drink in a glass with ice.
- Measure – Add all three ingredients into a cocktail shaker that’s half filled with ice.
- Shake – Put the lid on and give it a brisk shake for about 5 seconds.
- Strain – Pour it through the strainer and into your glass of choice.
You can use another cream product like skim milk or regular milk, heavy cream or light cream, and even Bailey’s Irish Cream. These will give you a different consistency and change the flavor somewhat, but it’s still delicious.
Make it non-dairy – Use soy milk, almond or other nut milk, or oat milk instead of half and half.
How to serve it
- Use a small 4-ounce glass without ice, or a 6-ounce glass with ice (on the rocks).
- Pour it into a martini glass or champagne coupe.
PARTY TIP: Make a party pitcher to serve a crowd. Just use 2 cups of half and half, with 1/2 cup each of Frangelico and Chambord.
It’s a sweet liqueur that has the flavor of hazelnuts.
You can use another brand like DeKuyper, or switch it out for Amaretto. However, Amaretto has the flavor of almonds but still gives you the “nuts” flavor for this drink.
It’s a sweet liqueur that has the flavor of raspberries.
You can use Creme de Cassis for this drink, which will give you the flavor of black currants. You can also use a blackberry liqueur instead.
One of the most classic flavor combinations is Frangelico and milk, but there are many other ways to drink it.
- Make a grown up milkshake
- Add it to a cup of hot chocolate
- Pour some into eggnog punch
- Put some on a coffee bar for a brunch party
- Pour some over ice cream or fresh fruit for a boozy dessert
Here are some more drinks to try with that bottle of raspberry liqueur you have.
- 4 ounces half-n-half
- 2 ounces Frangelico
- 2 ounces Chambord
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice.
- Pour all ingredients into shaker and shake well for a few seconds.
- Strain drink into 2 small glasses and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg.