Create this chocolate cake cocktail recipe to celebrate a birthday or New Years Eve party, or to coordinate with a black & white party.
The dark color is in keeping with the theme, and the ingredients just beg for Swiss chocolate cake roll garnish!
- Serve this for adult birthday celebrations.
- Add to New Years eve festivities.
- Include it in a dessert party and add it to the dessert table.
Chocolate Cake Martini
- Vanilla vodka. Balances out the chocolate and adds depth.
- Chocolate liqueur. I use Godiva brand. It’s rich and full of flavor.
- Hazelnut liqueur. I use Frangelico. It adds a hint of nuttiness to make the drink more complex.
You’ll use a cocktail shaker with ice to mix up this drink. Since all the ingredients are liquor you’ll need that little bit of dilution that the shaken ice brings.
- 1 1/2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 1 ounce chocolate liqueur such as Godiva
- 1 ounce hazelnut liqueur such as Frangelico
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker and pour ingredients over top.
- Replace lid securely and shake vigorously for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Strain into martini glass and serve.
Garnish the rim of the glass with a slice of chocolate cake or Swiss roll if desired.