This Honey Chicken Salad Cups recipe makes a wonderful bite sized party appetizer that’s great for any occasion. Serve them for showers, holiday celebrations, and ladies luncheons. Add this to your list of easy party appetizers for girl night in too. You can make ahead the filling mixture and then fill the cups just before company arrives.
Chicken Salad Recipe for Parties
This honey chicken salad recipe is so versatile it can be served in a variety of ways as an appetizer or an entrée.
I’ve been making these appetizer cups for years and they’re always a hit. The recipe is pretty classic with honey, dried cranberries, pecans and celery.
And check out how cute they look displayed on a tray with fresh flowers and greenery. Now that’s a recipe for stylish entertaining!
This party food has it all. Savory, sweet, and crunchy all served in a flakey pastry shell. Not only is this chicken salad delicious as a filling, it can also be served as a main course for a light luncheon.
Easy Honey Chicken Salad Cups
When I’m in a rush I’ll serve these in phyllo cups from the freezer section. But when I have the time I’ll make these pastry tartlet shells using refrigerated pie dough.
I bought this set of tartlet molds (affiliate link) many years ago and I love how they elevate the presentation of food with their cute shapes.
When to serve them
What makes these one of the best party appetizers? You can serve them for ANY occasion!
- These served us well at this ladies luncheon.
- They’re a great addition to a tea party.
- Make them for Mother’s day brunch.
- Add them to a bridesmaids luncheon menu, or baby showers.
- Round out a lunch menu with a roasted grape salad and a cheese board.
How to Serve Chicken Salad
Here’s a list of “cups” that you can use to hold the salad mixture, as well as other ways to serve it.
- Phyllo cups found in the freezer section
- Puff pastry shells found in the freezer section
- Refrigerated pie dough shells that have been formed in mini muffin tins or tartlet tins
- Cucumber cups (like these here)
- Wonton cups (see how to make them here)
- Add it to your bagel bar brunch
- Bibb lettuce cups
- Tortilla wraps
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or Craisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Packages frozen Filo Shells or pastry shells
- Combine all chicken salad ingredients together. Cover and chill for 2 or more hours.
- When ready to serve, fill shells with filling.