This Honey Chicken Salad Cups recipe makes a wonderful bite sized party appetizer that’s great for any occasion. Serve them for showers, holiday celebrations, and ladies luncheons. Add this to your list of easy party appetizers for girl night in too. You can make ahead the filling mixture and then fill the cups just before company arrives.
Chicken Salad Recipe for Parties
The honey chicken salad recipe is so versatile it can be served in a variety of ways as an appetizer or an entree. And check out how cute these look displayed on a tray with fresh flowers and greenery. Now that’s a recipe for stylish entertaining!
This party food has it all. Savory pecans, crunchy celery, a hint of sweetness, and a crispy pastry shell to hold it all. Not only is this chicken salad delicious as a filling, it can also be served as an entree for a light luncheon.
I’ve been making these honey chicken salad cups for years and they’re always a hit. The recipe is pretty classic with a hint of sweetness from the honey and dried cranberries. I also love the crunch of the pecans and celery.
Easy Honey Chicken Salad Cups
When I’m in a rush I’ll serve these in phyllo cups from the freezer section. But when I have the time I’ll make these pastry tartlet shells using refrigerated pie dough. I bought this set of tartlet molds (affiliate link) many, many years ago and I love how they elevate the presentation of food with their cute shapes.
These served us well at this ladies luncheon and would also be a great addition to a tea party. Make them for Mother’s day brunch or add them to a bridesmaids luncheon menu, or baby showers too. Round out your menu with a roasted grape salad, and a cheese board.
How to Serve Chicken Salad
Here’s a list of “cups” that you can use to hold the salad mixture, as well as other ways to serve it.
- Phyllo cups found in the freezer section
- Puff pastry shells found in the freezer section
- Refrigerated pie dough shells that have been formed in mini muffin tins or tartlet tins
- Cucumber cups (like these here)
- Wonton cups (see how to make them here)
- Add it to your bagel bar brunch
- Bibb lettuce cups
- Tortilla wraps
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or Craisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 Packages frozen Filo Shells or pastry shells
- Combine all chicken salad ingredients together. Cover and chill for 2 or more hours.
- When ready to serve, fill shells with filling.