These Anniversary Party Ideas will help you celebrate love as you host an intimate gathering for family and friends. A gold and white dessert and bubbly bar is festive and allows guests to mingle. Dessert & champagne are easy and simple to display, while fresh flowers and greenery add an elegant touch. These ideas to celebrate an anniversary are terrific for newlyweds, as well as those who are celebrating 50 years of marriage.
Use these anniversary party ideas for a special celebration at home.
What’s left to look forward to after you’ve said your vows, danced at the reception, and gone on your honeymoon? Your first anniversary of course! This design is for an intimate gathering of close friends and family, celebrating with champagne and dessert.
The concept is simple. The couple goes out for dinner or stays in with a romantic table for two. Afterward, they come back home or to a friend’s home to finish the evening with desserts and bubbly.
Party Ideas for a Golden 50th Anniversary party or a 1st anniversary celebration
- You can find even more tips for designing dessert tables if you want to create a more abundant display. For a larger dinner party you can make it really festive with this table setting with balloons centerpiece.
- This popcorn & champagne dessert bar is gorgeous and festive!
- Combine the gold dessert & bubbly table with this gold party decor for a larger party celebration. These gold party ideas & tablescape would also work wonderfully with this dessert bar.
Anniversary Party ideas
This anniversary party is decorated in creamy white and gold to echo the purity and celebratory aspect of a wedding. A dessert and champagne bar is a sweet way to celebrate with friends & family without it being the entire focus of the night. This is a great alternative to a cocktail party.
- It’s tradition to celebrate the first year anniversary by eating the top layer of the wedding cake. At the wedding reception the top is removed, tightly wrapped, and promptly frozen. The tradition is a great way to come full circle and remember your wedding day. Display the cake on a stand and top it with fresh flowers and greenery.
- Put a DIY Welcome sign on the table for a quick and easy decorative touch. This one simply says “welcome to our champagne and dessert bar.”
- Add a few fresh flowers to the champagne ice bucket. This unexpected touch looks so pretty.
- Nestle eucalyptus stems throughout the table display. If your table has drawers, place some of the greenery so it spills over the side. The pop of green is beautiful and adds interest.
Easy DIY party decor
- Make a small cake topper for the cake, and a gold doily for the cake to sit on. These are both simple projects using the Cricut Explore Air. As an alternative you can make this easy diy cake banner topper.
- Dress up the ice bucket with a frosted window cling that says “Bubbly.” Since it clings, it peels off easily without any mess or residue. As an alternative you can use letter stickers from the craft store.
- Use the Cricut machine to create the welcome sign using a reverse effect. The text and graphics are cut out of the paper stock instead of attached to it. It’s a clever technique and you can either back the pieces with coordinating paper like I did here, or leave them open. As an alternative you can simply print a bubbly bar sign like this one.
- Create whimsical wall decor using gold foil adhesive dots. The machine cuts these out quickly and easily, and they’re arranged to look like champagne bubbles coming out of the bottle. Alternatively you can purchase these gold circle wall decals.
- Hang a “Happy Anniversary” banner that’s made using the write-and-cut feature. Alternatively you can simply print a banner sign.
Cheers to love!