See ideas to celebrate an anniversary starting with a romantic dinner for two, including recipes and table setting. Plus get more ideas for larger celebrations like these anniversary party ideas. Why go out when you can celebrate at home with a lovely dinner for two and dessert and bubbly.
Celebrate an anniversary by setting up a romantic table for two in a location you don’t usually dine in, like in front of the fireplace, outside on the porch, or even in the bedroom.
My husband and I will celebrate our 23rd anniversary this year! So with that accomplishment under our belt, I’m happy to share a romantic tablescape for two with ideas to celebrate an anniversary or Valentines Day at home.
Sometimes it’s just so difficult to actually go out to dinner for those special occasions. You have the kids, it’s in the middle of the week, It’s overly crowded or expensive. I think setting up an intimate dinner for two is a great way to celebrate.
I’ve created a simple, classic table setting complete with a romantic dinner menu for two. Take these ideas and start gearing up for an intimate party for two or other celebration.
This tablescape for two is lovely for a Valentines Day celebration, with red roses as the colorful centerpiece.
Anniversary ideas for larger groups
- Set up a bar cart bubbly bar for an anniversary cocktail party.
- Incorporate any of these 5 ways to make your event feel special.
- Add fun and whimsy with this golden hued popcorn & champagne dessert bar.
- Break out the balloons for a real celebratory table setting with balloons centerpiece.
- Find great ideas for guest favors you can make here.
Romantic table setting ideas to celebrate an anniversary, Valentines Day, or other special occasion
- Turn any small table into a romantic dinner table just by draping it with fabric. I used an outdoor patio table which is the perfect size for two.
- This table is simple and combines the hottest trends: black and white stripes, gold, and calligraphy tags.
- I added a “watch” detail tied around the neck of a bottle of Prosecco as a nod to the passage of time. This works well for anniversary dinners.
- A large bouquet of roses represent “love” and Valentines Day. A tall arrangement is placed to the side so it doesn’t block the view and conversation.
- Small anniversary gifts can be placed on top of each place setting. This way it becomes part of the decor.
This romantic dinner menu offers some classic dishes that are easy to prepare
It’s no surprise that a romantic dinner should be delicious but not over-filling. Here are some suggestions with our go-to recipes.
- Create a surf and turf menu with our favorite salmon with red pepper coulis recipe and filet with balsamic glaze. I suggest serving one of each and sharing them. That way you don’t get too full. Plus nothing is more romantic than sharing food.
- This Valentines day salad is perfect for romance with its heart-shaped beets!
- When it’s time for everyone’s favorite part of the meal – dessert – serve this amazing Kahlua creme brulee and watch your partner melt. It’s a great make-ahead dessert that can be placed in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. You don’t want to pass this up!
- Of course you’ll want to serve a bottle of champagne or prosecco with dinner. Nothing is more celebratory than that!
Do you have any plans for your anniversary celebration or Valentines day? Give some of these idea a try and let me know how it goes. Cheers!