I’m sharing ideas for a Romantic Tablescape for Two to Celebrate Anniversaries, Valentines Day, or other special occasion. Why go out when you can celebrate at home with a lovely tablescape for two and a delicious dinner with dessert and bubbly.
Set up a romantic table for two in a location you don’t usually dine in, like in front of the fireplace, outside on the porch, or even in the bedroom.
My husband and I will celebrate our 23rd anniversary this year! So with that accomplishment under our belt, I’m happy to share a romantic tablescape for two with ideas to celebrate an anniversary or Valentines Day at home.
Sometimes it’s just so difficult to actually go out to dinner for those special occasions. You have the kids, it’s in the middle of the week, It’s overly crowded or expensive. I think setting up an intimate dinner for two is a great way to celebrate.
I’ve created a simple, classic tablescape complete with a romantic dinner menu for two. Take these ideas and start gearing up for Valentines day next month or other celebration.
This tablescape for two is lovely for a Valentines Day celebration, with red roses as the colorful centerpiece.
Romantic tablescape ideas to celebrate an anniversary, Valentines Day, or other special occasion
- Turn any small table into a romantic dinner table just by draping it with fabric. I used an outdoor patio table which is the perfect size for two.
- This table is simple and combines the hottest trends: black and white stripes, gold, and calligraphy tags.
- I added a “watch” detail tied around the neck of a bottle of Prosecco as a nod to the passage of time. This works well for anniversary dinners.
- A large bouquet of roses represent “love” and Valentines Day. A tall arrangement is placed to the side so it doesn’t block the view and conversation.
- Small gifts for Valentines day or anniversaries can be placed on top of each place setting. This way it becomes part of the decor.
This romantic dinner menu offers some classic dishes that are easy to prepare
It’s no surprise that a romantic dinner should be delicious but not over-filling. Here are some suggestions with our go-to recipes.
- Create a surf and turf menu with our favorite salmon with red pepper coulis recipe and filet with balsamic glaze. I suggest serving one of each and sharing them. That way you don’t get too full. Plus nothing is more romantic than sharing food.
- This Valentines day salad is perfect for romance with its heart-shaped beets!
- When it’s time for everyone’s favorite part of the meal – dessert – serve this amazing Kahlua creme brulee and watch your partner melt. It’s a great make-ahead dessert that can be placed in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. You don’t want to pass this up!
- Of course you’ll want to serve a bottle of champagne or prosecco with dinner. Nothing is more celebratory than that!