Add these Gold Party Ideas for Big Celebrations when you’re hosting a crowd. I’ve incorporated easy DIY projects that are budget friendly for up to 100 guests. This gold and white party is perfect for anniversary party ideas. Think 1st anniversary or the Golden 50th anniversary. These gold decorating ideas are easy to do but make a big impact!
When you’re entertaining a large crowd on a small budget you can follow these tips to get the most out out your party decor. Gold is classic and elegant and makes any occasion look special. Find out my favorite tricks to spread that glamour around to a gold party tablescape and gold themed dessert table.
Incorporate the hottest color trend into your next big celebration
Today I’m sharing tons of gold party ideas. These are perfect ideas to celebrate an anniversary, a bridal shower, or engagement party. This design is full of easy DIY projects that take minutes to complete, so you won’t be worn out by the time the party begins.
Gold, and especially glittered gold, is all the rage. I wanted to use that trend to inspire a party table setting that would work for larger groups. I’ve included projects and items that are budget friendly so you don’t break the bank.
These gold party ideas for big celebrations are affordable for a larger crowd or an intimate gathering.
You can set this up in the back yard or a banquet hall.
- White table cloths are the foundation of our dining table which makes gold paper place mats pop against it.
- Gold paper doilies are wrapped around white napkins and placed on white plates – again the white makes the gold really pop. Even the light golden hue of white wine stands out against the table.
- Tiny frames from Michael’s $1 aisle are used for place card holders. If they don’t have gold frames available just buy the other colors and spray paint them.
- Use gold metallic and gold glitter spray paint to turn tiny bottles into sparkly vases. These can hols a variety of flower stems or greenery for a lovely centerpiece
HOSTESS TIP: The consensus is that Rustoleum is the best brand for glitter paint. I tried 2 cans of Krylon and both were wasted because of poor design.
- Glitter tape makes an excellent embellishment. Wrap strips of glitter tape around clear cylinder vases for a dressed up candle holder.
Incorporate white and gold desserts
The dessert table and champagne bar is gold and white in keeping with the theme. White desserts are easy to integrate into this color palette.
- There’s no end to the uses of a collection of empty frames, and here they make a great backdrop to the table. Different sizes and shapes work well together and if you don’t have gold ones, just use more spray paint.
- Gold glitter letters from Michael’s are hung onto the back of one of the frames and spells out “BAR” to indicate the side of the table that has a little champagne bar.
- Peach nectar is the perfect hue, and makes Bellinis when mixed with the bubbles. Other add-in options for the champagne are rock candy sticks and cotton candy.
- As a non-alcohol alternative you can serve this sparkling fruit punch.
- Cupcakes get a glittery touch with flag toppers, and there’s a diy mini banner topper for the white coconut cake. You could also make this gorgeous & scrumptious pineapple white layer cake.
- Golden gumballs are a nice touch but I also LOVE these edible glitter bonbons. They taste amazing!
Party design based on color is one of the easiest ways to create a cohesive environment. PIN these ideas for later, and let us know what’s your favorite color to design around?