We have Brittany of GreyGrey Designs to thank for sending over these pool party ideas. She styled this party for Birthday Express to showcase their pool party collection.
She also added lots of personal and creative touches to give the products a more custom look. This is a great lesson on how to individualize those mass produced paper goods!
- One of my favorite details of this design is the lifeguard chairs with push pops on top. A very creative and unexpected use for the paper chairs. Fill the push pops with blue jello to mimic water.
- Make a cake and frost it with white and blue-tinted icing swirled together to create a water effect.
- You won’t believe how the “O” rings are created. Cut pool noodles crosswise using a sharp knife! The circles are used to create a table runner, a hanging swag, and a mobile.
- Paint chipboard letters and cover them with paillettes using hot glue to give texture to the “swim” display.
- Buy blue and green drinks and remove the labels. Attach striped straws using coordinating washi decorative tape.
- Lollipops, taffy, and flip flops make great favors for a pool party, and cupcake boxes hold a special treat to enjoy at home.
Don’t you love all the special touches added to the party? Lots of great ideas for an end of summer party or birthday.
Cake Pops – Autumn Lynn’s Chocolate Sins / Tassle Banner – The Flair Exchange