Host a champagne themed party by setting up a popcorn and champagne bar that creates a fun interactive party buffet. When you pair sweetened popcorn with lots of bubbly you get this amazing dessert table that everyone will love! Fill jars with a variety of chocolate & caramel drizzled popcorn and pair them with bottles of Prosecco or sparkling wine. Guests can help themselves as they toast to the host. It’s perfect for anniversary party ideas, showers, or birthday celebrations.
Popcorn & Champagne Dessert Bar
Set up a sweet popcorn & champagne dessert bar the next time you have something to celebrate, big or small! This is a fun theme party for adults for any occasion.
When it comes to easy entertaining it doesn’t get much better than this. Party guests can help themselves and there’s no formal serving pieces to worry about. You’ll need glasses for the bubbly, and bags or boxes for the popcorn.
My design inspiration came from the bottles of bubbly. I loved the neutral tones of the labels in copper, gold, and chocolate brown. And it reminds me of the colors and flavors of the sweet gourmet popcorn. I also LOVED the play on words: ‘poppin’ corn and ‘poppin’ champagne corks. The two make a fantastic combo!
Party Ideas for a Dessert Bubbly Bar
Add a popcorn and bubbly bar to your next party or celebration.
- Include this elegant bar in your Oscars party ideas or create a movie themed popcorn bar for the occasion.
- Add this to your New Years Eve party. It would be perfect for a midnight celebration.
- Set this up for a chic black & gold bridal shower.
- Make this your central focal point for a girls-night-in, or milestone birthday celebration.
Styling a Popcorn Bar
You know how good champagne and chocolate go together, so my popcorn and champagne bar consists of a few flavors of chocolate drizzled popcorn and some foil wrapped chocolate candies. The balance between the sweets and the bubbly works well together.
- Setting the scene was easy with a tassel banner from The Flair Exchange, and gold and pearl balloons from the party store.
- To add an extra touch I wrote the word “Celebrate” on one of the balloons, using a gold marker.
- Popcorn is placed in apothecary jars. The flavors are peanut butter cup; potato chip, pretzel, & chocolate; and sea salt caramel. Simple tags are added so guests know what to try, and polka dot bags are available to fill.
- All the popcorn was purchased from HomeGoods and TJMaxx but you could make it even more unique by adding in chocolate chips, crumbled cookie pieces, sweetened nuts, M&M’s, etc.
- Bottles of bubbly are ready for pouring. Stemmed glassware is available along with glass markers so guests can write their name on the side and keep track of their drink.
- To bring together the “pop” theme in even more I added a bowl of party “poppers” for guests to have fun with. I removed the commercial labels and wrapped decorative tape around them so they would coordinate with the rest of the decor.
How would you incorporate a “poppin” party buffet like this? Don’t forget to Pin this for later.