These Easter appetizers creamy carrot bites are so cute for your your holiday celebration. Serve them at brunch or for pre-dinner snacking. These are an integral part of our Easter entertaining guide that guest will love!
When it comes to Easter appetizers, creamy carrot bites will be a hit with kids and adults alike.
I think you guys are going to love these easy Easter appetizers. These “carrot” topped bites are easy to make…they’re adorable…and they’re delicious!
This is the perfect snack to prepare for guests because they’re light and won’t fill them up while waiting for Easter dinner. These would also be terrific for the little’s, before or after their Easter egg hunt. And of course, these are right at home on your brunch table, as I’ve shown in my beautiful Easter tablescape, too.
These creamy “carrot” bites are a spin on the classic crackers & cream cheese dip. The creamy topping is lightly sweetened which pairs well with the lightly salted crackers. These become Easter-specific when you use a piping bag to form the shape of a carrot onto the cracker. I think they just look precious, don’t you! Check out the recipe and a few of tips, below.
Tips for making and serving these cracker bites
- I recommend making the filling the night before you’re going to serve them, if possible. This gives the flavors plenty of time to marry. I even filled the piping bag with the mixture before storing in the refrigerator overnight, to make it that much quicker to prepare the next day.
- While I love the sweet & salty combo of this version, you could also use graham cracker rectangles.
- When you want to make the cream cheese spread year-round, you can either serve the mixture in a small bowl like a dip, or pipe it onto crackers in a simple oblong pattern and omit the dill weed garnish.
- When serving these, don’t let them sit out for hours. They can get soggy over time, if left to sit out too long.
I hope you’ll give these creamy carrot crackers a try. And here’s another adorable Easter snack to make. Let me know what you think!
- 1 sleeve rectangle Club Crackers
- 6 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves or jam
- fresh dill weed sprigs
- In a medium size bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, and preserves/jam until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into piping bag outfitted with a tip with medium size opening; round or star-shaped is fine.
- Begin at one end of cracker and apply light pressure to bag. Start with small, pointed tip of the “carrot” shape and apply more pressure in a slight zig-zap fashion, getting wider as you move up to the other end.
- Top with a sprig of dill tucked into the wider end of the “carrot” shape. Continue with remaining crackers and serve.