Here is a delicious and easy peach mint julep recipe that you should definitely add to your home entertaining ideas. This refreshing cocktail is perfect to serve at a Kentucky derby viewing party as well as a patio party at home. Peach mint juleps are simple to make and you can set out the ingredients for your guests to help themselves. They will love the addition of peach flavor and a bit of fizz to the classic drink.
Add a twist to the classic mint julep by adding this peach and fizzy infusion
You guys know how much I love mixing up my cocktails. With the Kentucky Derby coming up soon, this easy Peach Julep is a fantastic twist on the classic bourbon drink. My husband and I made these peach juleps with a little added fizz which I think makes it even better!
This peach cocktail is a great recipe to add to a Southern style dinner party. And if you like peaches then you’ll LOVE these sparkling peach margaritas too! In fact you can create an entire peach theme botanical garden party based on this single theme of “peaches.”
Make the mint simple syrup for best flavor
I know there are folks who make mint juleps by simply muddling together fresh mint and sugar. However, I’ve found that making the mint simple syrup is a more consistent way to add the flavor. It’s also easier in the long run to pour in the syrup than muddle from scratch for each drink.
With this recipe we still muddle together the peaches along with the syrup. But it’s mainly to just break down the fruit and release the juices.
If you want another way to use mint simple syrup, this pineapple mint julep sangria sounds fantastic!
Fun ways to incorporate a peach mint julep into entertaining at home
- Set up a diy julep bar, and let your guests play their own bartender.
- House your ingredients on a silver tray. Keep the simple syrup in a small pitcher or bottle with pouring spout. Place pre-sliced peaches in a pretty bowl.
- Place your liquors in a decanter or original bottle, along with a jigger, a muddler, and drink stirrers.
- Don’t forget cute cocktail napkins, and a savory snack like my ham & sweet potato biscuits recipe.
- 1 Tablespoon Mint simple syrup
- fresh or frozen peach slices (thawed)
- 2 ounces bourbon
- splash of ginger ale
- Crushed ice
Mint Simple Syrup
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- Add syrup to a julep cup, and 1 peach slice. Muddle until mixed well.
- Fill glass with crushed ice and pour in the bourbon and a splash or two of ginger ale for fizz.
- Garnish with mint leaves and peach slice if desired
Simple Syrup Instructions
- Combining the water and sugar in a sauce pan and add in 6-8 sprigs of fresh mint. Heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let syrup cool completely; at least 20 minutes. Remove mint leaves and transfer syrup to a container to cover and refrigerate over night.