This delicious chess pie recipe has been handed down from family member to family member. It’s an easy dessert recipe that goes great on your Thanksgiving pie table or your Christmas dessert table. This is the dessert recipe to go to when you want to please everyone.
Delicious Chess Pie recipe for entertaining
Today’s delicious chess pie recipe has been passed down through generations of Southern cooks. It’s actually a very easy recipe to make, and it’s perfect for family gatherings.
I was handed this recipe many years ago and it’s been a family favorite ever since. It’s one of my tried and true, go-to recipes, and goes great with a cup of hot coffee.
This is the kind of pie you can enjoy year round as well as holidays. I’ve not met anyone who doesn’t love this delicious dessert!
- Add this to Thanksgiving entertaining.
- This is fantastic to take to a Friendsgiving party.
- Serve this for Christmas dinner dessert.
- It’s a wonderful addition to Easter entertaining too.
What is chess pie anyway?
The classic chess pie is simply a pie made with sugar, butter, and eggs. As we like to call it in our home, “sugar-butter pie.” You can also make a chocolate chess pie version which is amazing as well!
This is one of the easiest pie recipes you can put together. It’s so simple to make, and you probably have the ingredients on hand!
- Make it a day ahead if you have the time because it will taste even better the next day.
- Serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, or both!
There’s just nothing quite like a good old fashioned chess pie. The simple and straight forward ingredients make magic as they all blend together.
Enjoy! And if you like this recipe, PIN, Share, or sign up for our Newsletter at the top of the page
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 stick (½ cup) cold butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- Deep dish pie shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend eggs, sugar, and butter together with a mixer on low.
- When mixture is combined well, add in vanilla, milk, and flour, and mix until well integrated.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove and let rest on a wire rack until cool.