My blackberry custard pie recipe is the perfect dessert for entertaining. The flaky crust, fresh berries, and luscious custard are a winning combination! Serve this pie at a dinner party or take it to a potluck party. Or invite friends over to have dessert and drinks on the patio around by the fire. It’s the perfect way to wind down the night under the stars.
This blackberry custard pie is an excellent choice to serve for entertaining at home
Get ready to host outdoor gatherings on the deck or patio with this delicious dessert and hostess tips. My blackberry custard pie recipe has amazing flavor, uses fresh berries, and looks rustic and beautiful. Serve it with homemade flavored whipped cream and you have a sweet course to remember.
The idea of hosting a casual dinner around the dining table and then moving the party outside, is something I love. There’s no pressure to clear the dishes off the table to make room for dessert because you can just walk outside to a new ‘clean’ environment.
When the sun goes down we turn on the string lights overhead, and light a fire in the fire pit. The entire atmosphere is warm and cozy! I made this pie recently and we had friends over for dessert and cocktails on the patio.
Tips for dessert entertaining at home
Inviting friends over for blackberry custard pie and coffee or cocktails is a great way to host people without doing a lot of work. All you have to do is make the pie ahead and open a bottle of wine. You can also brew coffee and serve coffee cocktails. Follow these tips for more ideas.
- Set up a small serving table outside on the patio. Keep it simple and just add a few fresh flowers or greenery clippings in simple vases.
- Dress up the pie with powdered sugar shaken over top, a few fresh blackberries, and sprig of mint.
- Place the fresh whipped cream in a bowl on the side so guests can add as needed.
- Make a kahlua & coffee with Irish cream cocktail to accompany the pie. Or serve red wine like Pinot Noir or a red blend.
- Use mismatched vintage dessert plates to serve the pie on. They add such charm to any setting and are usually very inexpensive at antique or thrift shops.
- If you’re feeling motivated add a second pie to the menu like my beloved delicious chess pie recipe or my chocolate chess pie. Both are easy to make but taste AMAZING!
For whipped cream: Garnish pie by sifting powdered sugar over top, and freshly grated orange zest. The bites with the orange zest are the BEST!
Fresh Whipped Cream
For whipped cream:
Garnish pie by sifting powdered sugar over top, and freshly grated orange zest. The bites with the orange zest are the BEST!
- They’re also made with renewable resources.
- They light quickly and easily and one logs lasted at least 3 hours.
- They burn 80% cleaner than wood.