See how to make Easter bunny bread rolls that you can serve when hosting Easter dinner. These dinner rolls are made from refrigerated bread dough which makes them quick and easy to make. Serve them on a platter with butter and jam and include any of the the other ideas and recipes from our Easter entertaining guide. See how to make these Easter bunny rolls here.
Easter Bunny Rolls
Add these cute bunny bread rolls to your dinner party table.
To round out our Easter entertaining ideas and menu plan I’ve included these adorable and tasty Easter rolls that look just like bunnies. These are such a fun way to add a festive touch to your Easter tablescape.
Prepare these ahead but do not bake them. Cover lightly with saran wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake and serve.
You can serve these alongside my lamb chops with goat cheese polenta and steamed asparagus for a traditional Easter meal. Or you could serve them up with a cheese and charcuterie platter for pre-meal noshing. Either way they are a delightful item for kids and adults.
Easy Bunny Bread Rolls
These bunny rolls are very easy to put together. Over the course of assembling them you may find some look more realistic than others. That’s perfectly fine because hosting should be fun and not stressful. These bunnies are whimsical and a conversation piece!
Of course you can also serve these for Easter brunch and top them with a sugar glaze. Just combine 1 cup powdered sugar with 1-2 Tablespoons of milk and drizzle over cooked rolls. Or make cinnamon roll bunnies.
Watch this video for easy directions and follow the DIY steps below. You can even get the kids involved in helping you make these. For a larger group of guests just use another package of bread dough and roll accordingly.
- 1 package refrigerated bread dough (bread sticks, french bread dough, or pizza dough)
- Dried currants
- 1 egg yolk
- Pizza roller
- Pastry brush
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees or according to package directions.
- Lay dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out flat as needed.
- Using a pizza roller, cut 1/2 inch strips from dough, about 14-inches long.
- Cut off about 4 inches from the strip and set aside.
- Roll the remaining 10 inches into a coil leaving 1/2 inch loose to resemble "bunny arms." Place on baking sheet.
- Roll the 4-inch piece of dough into a teardrop shape. Using scissors cut a slit lengthwise 2/3 of the way down into the dough to resemble "bunny ears."
- Place the "head" at the top of the "body" and use a drop of water to adhere the two together.
- Push a currant into the dough for an "eye."
- Continue with remaining dough.
- In a small bowl combine egg yolk and 1 Tablespoon of water. Mix well.
- Brush egg mixture over all bunny dough and cook for 8-10 minutes or according to package directions.
For a cute presentation, tie colorful bakers twine or thin ribbon around the "neck" of the bunny rolls.