If you like apple pie you’re going to love this easy rustic Apple Galette with Caramel Drizzle recipe. It’s made with pre-made pie crust and is the ideal dessert for fall entertaining. It goes together fast and freshly cut apples and cinnamon sugar make it come alive with flavor. Drizzle it with caramel ice cream topping and serve it with this fall dinner party menu.
Rustic Dessert for Entertaining
When you want a delicious and easy dessert, look no further than this rustic apple galette with caramel drizzle recipe.
Today’s recipe for entertaining is inspired by a brand I’ve been following for at least 15 years, Taste of Home. This year they’re celebrating their 25th anniversary and introducing a new subscription box filled with spices, recipes, and gifts for the home cook. Special Delivery boxes from Taste of Home have been specially curated by their test kitchen pros to bring fun & whimsy to your kitchen.
I’m giving you a peak inside one of their boxes and showing you how I used some of the items to create this apple dessert recipe.
I made this caramel apple galette with pre-made pie crust to make it quick and easy on the host!
First let me take you inside this fun box. It’s filled with cool kitchen gadgets selected by pros, a yummy spicy chocolate cinnamon sugar spice tin, a collection of recipe cards, and a fantastic cookbook! Taste of Home is known for their cookbooks and recipes collected from home cooks around the country. I’ve been re-creating them for years!
I got the recipe for my rustic caramel apple galette from the cookbook and adjusted it to make it just right for the busy hostess. One thing I’ve always loved about TOH is that most of the recipes include a photo. This cookbook is no exception.
In making my dessert I used the spicy cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top. However, if you don’t have that you can certainly use classic cinnamon sugar. I’ve included that in the recipe card instructions.
Use refrigerated pie dough & purchased caramel sauce
I so hope you’ll make this sweet recipe for your family or friends. It’s so quick and easy to make.
You can check out the Taste of Home Special Delivery box here. YOU’LL GET $5 OFF + FREE SHIPPING on your order, and if you subscribe you’ll get 20% off your next purchase at the online store (excludes subscriptions).
Now, let’s get to this recipe, shall we!
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie dough
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon spicy chocolate cinnamon sugar (or substitute 1 teaspoon sugar + 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, combined)
- 2 Tablespoons caramel ice cream topping, at room temperature or warmed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare and unroll pie dough according to package directions. Place dough on top of parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Arrange apple slices in center of dough leaving 2-inches around the edge.
- Fold up the edge of the dough, leaving center uncovered.
- Whisk together egg and water and brush onto crust. Use it as a “glue” to adhere overlapping sections of dough together.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar all over the top of the filling and dough, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slide parchment paper with galette onto a cooling rack or serving board. Drizzle caramel all over the top of the galette in a zigzag motion.
- Slice and serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.