If you like apple pie you’re going to love this easy apple galette recipe with caramel sauce drizzled on top. It’s made with refrigerated pie dough and is the ideal dessert for fall dinner parties. It goes together fast with freshly cut apples and cinnamon sugar to make it come alive with flavor.
Rustic Dessert for Entertaining
When you want a delicious and easy dessert, look no further than this rustic apple galette and drizzle it with caramel ice cream topping. It’s perfect for a fall dinner party menu.
Today’s recipe for entertaining is inspired by a brand I’ve been following for at least 15 years, Taste of Home.
To celebrate their 25 year anniversary they sent me dome kitchen goodies. I used some of the items to create this apple dessert recipe.
It all starts with pre-made pie dough from the refrigerated section. You know the kind that comes rolled up in a tin tube. That makes it quick and simple for the host!
The recipe comes from the Taste of Home cookbook they sent me, but I adjusted it to make it ideal for the busy hostess.
I used spicy chocolate cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top but you can also use regular cinnamon sugar.
I really hope you’ll make this sweet recipe for your family or friends. It’s so quick and easy to make.
Now, let’s get to this recipe, shall we!
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie dough
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon spicy chocolate cinnamon sugar (or substitute 1 teaspoon sugar + 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, combined)
- 2 Tablespoons caramel ice cream topping, at room temperature or warmed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare and unroll pie dough according to package directions. Place dough on top of parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Arrange apple slices in center of dough leaving 2-inches around the edge.
- Fold up the edge of the dough, leaving center uncovered.
- Whisk together egg and water and brush onto crust. Use it as a “glue” to adhere overlapping sections of dough together.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar all over the top of the filling and dough, and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slide parchment paper with galette onto a cooling rack or serving board. Drizzle caramel all over the top of the galette in a zigzag motion.
- Slice and serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.