Set Up a Hot Cocoa Bar
A hot cocoa bar is the perfect holiday or winter treat for kids and grown-ups alike. With these tips and ideas, you can make the perfect hot chocolate bar for festive fun and cozy cold days.
A hot cocoa bar is the perfect addition to your home or holiday party. You don’t need anything complicated or fancy to make a cute presentation and conversation piece.
Set up a self-serve hot chocolate bar for a delicious treat all winter long. Display ingredients and make it easy for guests and children to serve themselves.
Make a large batch for a party or gathering using this homemade hot chocolate recipe. Just provide the toppers and add-ins that I’ve got listed here.
How To Set Up a Hot Cocoa Bar
These tips will work for a children’s party, for an afternoon snack, or for adult parties too!
- Use a large mason jar to hold marshmallows, and a large glass canister to hold the hot chocolate mix.
- Add a scoop to the mix and make sure the children know how many scoops to use per 6 ounces of water.
- You can print out the instructions and place them in a frame if you like.
- Keeping things on trays keeps everything neat and tidy.
What You’ll Need
I simply made space on a table that’s against a chalkboard wall and put out the basic accouterments, such as:
- Disposable cups
- Glass measuring cup (for measuring and microwaving water)
- Large jar of hot cocoa mix from Walmart
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate & peppermint spoons
PARTY TIP: Use a large silver tray to hold all the items like disposable cups, glass measuring cup to microwave the water in, large jar of hot cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and chocolate & peppermint spoons.
More Holiday & Winter Ideas
- Naughty or Nice Christmas Party Ideas
- Christmas Dinner Party Menu & Tablescape
- Plan an Elegant Christmas Brunch
- Christmas Caroling & Cocoa Party
If you liked this post, please pin it and share with others, or leave me a sweet comment below. Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, too!
This is the perfect little nook to keep up all winter!
Kim, my kids have already asked me, “where’s the hot cocoa bar” for this year. LOL
Chris, this is very interesting. Somehow I missed this post, but I’m glad I see it now. I may reproduce this idea at home. Cheers!
What a wonderful idea. My daughter married in December, and we had a hot chocolate bar set up in one of the rooms – so cute and such a hit!!
Love this, Chris!! I just might have to do something like this!
Do it, Michelle! 😉
Comments are closed.