Easy baklava cups are the perfect party recipe if you want to add mini desserts to the table. Using phyllo shells is a great way to serve the classic Greek dessert and are less sticky and messy than classic baklava. That makes them ideal for entertaining at home with small bites and hors d’oeuvres.
Greek Baklava Bites
This simple recipe for bite size desserts is exactly what you need for cocktail parties and ladies night in. Be sure to add them when you’re designing dessert tables for showers or birthday celebrations too.
I love party food and small bites! I could live off of appetizers and hors d’oeuvres if I had my way…alongside a cheese board of course. Even though these easy baklava dessert cups aren’t savory appetizers, they ARE the perfect mini dessert for entertaining.
These are also great for a Greek themed dinner party because they taste like traditional baklava but without the hassle. They take about 20 minutes to make, and they are addictive!
Phyllo Cup Dessert
I have a confession: I’ve never worked with phyllo dough sheets. It just seems so daunting to butter & layer multiple sheets while making sure the one’s in waiting don’t dry out.
That’s why I’m so glad these phyllo shells exist in the frozen dessert section. I use them ALL THE TIME for party appetizers, including another Greek favorite, spanakopita cups. They are a hostess’ best friend.
You can easily double or triple this recipe for a crowd, and you can freeze them for later. That means you can actually start prepping for a holiday party of special celebration a couple of months in advance!
- Use the packaging that the phyllo shells come in and they’ll be held securely in place. Put the cups back into the tray and slide it into the box.
- Tape the end closed and wrap the entire box with saran wrap or aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- When you’re ready to use them, thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours or over night. You can also freshen them up by heating them in the oven for about 5 minutes.
Finger Desserts for a Cocktail Party
Make these delicious and easy baklava cups any time you want to serve small bites or multiple options for a party.
They would be terrific on a dessert buffet of “mini” foods along with these other hand held treats.
This gives you something chocolate, something smooth & creamy, something crisp & crunchy, and something light & fruity. The more variety the better!
- 1 package frozen fillo cups
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2-3 drops fresh lemon juice
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the nuts on a baking sheet and toast them for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Add the nuts, salt, cinnamon and sugar to a food processor. Pulse until nuts are finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl and add melted butter, honey, and lemon juice. Stir to combine well.
- Fill the phyllo cups with the mixture and bake for 5-6 minutes. Let cool and serve.