Grab our easy baked artichoke dip recipe with chicken for your next party at home. This recipe for artichoke dip is creamy and delicious and perfect for a game day party. It starts with staple ingredients from the pantry and fridge so it’s quick to prepare and full of flavor.
WHAT'S IN THIS GUIDE?
Hot Chicken Artichoke Dip
This hot chicken and artichoke spread is so rich and delicious you’ll want to include it in your party recipe rotation or football food ideas.
We make it with 5 basic ingredients plus a couple of kitchen staples like butter and garlic powder. It goes together quickly and easily and bakes up in about 30 minutes.
The combination of mayonnaise and Parmesan creates a creamy base for the artichokes and chicken. And I’ve added a breadcrumb mixture on top for an extra crunchy texture.
Serve this simple party dip with tortilla chips, pretzel crisps, or simple crackers.
Easy Party Dip Recipe
What makes this appetizer spread so easy to make is that it’s a combination of conveniently packaged ingredients. This makes it perfect for the busy host.
You can also mix the ingredients together ahead of time, and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake. Just make sure you don’t put a cold ceramic or glass dish into a hot oven or it can break.
Put the dish into the cold oven and then turn it on. Calculate the baking time based on when the oven reaches the desired temperature.
Why use canned chicken?
Using canned chicken is desirable over using a rotisserie chicken because those always have flavors infused. And those flavors are not desirable in this dip. I always use Premium grade white chicken breast meat when I’m adding it to recipes.
The reason is that it has a clean flavor that’s conducive to combining with other ingredients. It’s also cut to the right size and texture already. You do have to break up some chunks when adding it to the recipe though.
PARTY TIP: Make sure to use the premium grade white chicken breast for the best flavor.
Can you freeze baked artichoke dip?
Yes, you can freeze this dip recipe. That’s not the case with all mayonnaise-based dips, but since the mayonnaise binds with the cheese it helps to stabilize it during freezing and reheating.
Wrap the dip with saran wrap, tightly and with as little air as possible. Freeze for up to three months.
When ready to eat, remove the dip, cover in aluminum foil, and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
FREEZING TIP: I chilled the dip in it’s original baking dish so it would firm up. Then I laid the saran wrap on top and turned the dish upside down so the dip would pop out onto the wrap. I wrapped the dip tightly in the shape of the baking dish. This way you can take it out of the freezer and pop it back into its original baking dish because it’s retained the shape, and reheat.
More party recipes with artichokes
I’ve often said there can’t be a party food buffet without something that contains spinach or artichokes. Here are some other yummy appetizers that use canned artichokes.
- Serve this chicken & artichoke cheese spread at room temperature. It’s similar to a cheese ball.
- This hot baked artichoke crab dip is nice for a summer party.
- These chicken artichoke canapes are a wonderful addition to a cocktail party or ladies night.
How to make artichoke dip
This appetizer dip is so easy to make. The dip itself has only 4 ingredients. I like the added texture from the breadcrumb topping, however you don’t have to add it if you don’t want to.
- Start with a can of artichoke hearts. I like to get the ones cut in quarters so they’re easier to chop.
- Make sure to drain the artichokes well and chop them finely. I use my mini food processor to do the chopping.
- Drain a can of white chicken breast meat and add it to a bowl along with the artichokes. Make sure to break up any large chunks of chicken.
- Add a cup and a half of mayonnaise to the bowl. I always use light mayonnaise.
- Add a cup and a half of shredded Parmesan cheese and 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder. Make sure you DON’T use garlic salt.
- Combine all the ingredients together with a spoon until well mixed.
- If you think it’s not quite creamy enough, add 1/4 cup more mayonnaise.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and heat according to directions.
- Top with the breadcrumb, cheese, and butter combination and continue to bake for 5-7 more minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pretzel chips, or thin simple crackers.
- 1 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 10-ounce can premium chicken breast, drained
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups light mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- Finely chop artichoke hearts. Use a food processor to make it easy.
- Break apart any large chunks of chicken and add to artichokes in a medium size bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, Parmesan, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a small baking dish and cook for 25 minutes.
- While dip is baking, combine the topping ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Remove the dip from oven and add crumb topping over the top.
- Cook for 5-7 more minutes or until topping is melted and golden.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips, pretzel chips, or crackers.