Artichoke crostini appetizers are creamy, flavorful, and simple to prepare. Chopped artichokes combined with canned chicken gives them texture, while mayonnaise binds it all together and makes them creamy. Prepare them ahead of time and then bake when ready entertain.
Artichokes are one of my favorite ingredients to work with, and I love the results I got from adding the chicken. The bread base gives these sustenance so they’re great for eating with cocktails.
There are a few ways you can make this recipe ahead so it’s ready when you are.
- Slice bread and cover until ready to use.
- Make the mixture several hours before you need it. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Top the bread with the mixture and refrigerate until ready to heat and serve.
How to Make Them
Here’s the short list of ingredients and tips for making the crostini.
- Canned Artichokes. The canned variety is packed in brine and easier to work with in this recipe. Artichokes in oil has too much flavor and fat. TIP: Use a mini food processor to finely chopped the artichokes. That way they’re easier to combine.
- Canned Chicken. Use a large can of premium breast meat. The texture and flavor mixes well with the other ingredients, plus it’s quick and easy to use! TIP: Make sure you drain the water thoroughly from the can before using the chicken.
- Shredded Parmesan cheese. Buy pre-shredded bags of parmesan to make it super simple.
- Mayonnaise. Good quality mayonnaise is always important. You can use Light versions if you want.
- Garlic salt & Tabasco. This is all the seasoning you need to add to the mixture.
- French baguette. French bread is long and thin and will give you the perfect finger food size. If you want to go a little bigger, use an Italian loaf.
- Mix all the toppings ingredients together until well combined.
- Spread the mixture onto each slice of bread and bake until mixture is hot and cheese is melted.
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- 1 cup artichokes, finely chopped (canned, not jarred in oil)
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast, chopped (canned or poached)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine chopped chicken and artichokes with mayonnaise. Stir well.
- Add cheese, Tabasco, and garlic salt and mix until well combined.
- Spread a scoop of chicken mixture onto each bread slice and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until mixture is hot and cheese is melted.