Host a Greek Themed Dinner Party with these ideas for the menu and table setting. I’ve included delicious recipes to guide you through the planning process. All you have to think about is who to invite. A travel themed dinner party is a great way to incorporate food themes and taste new and exciting flavors.
This Greek themed dinner party is all about the flavors of the Mediterranean. Food and food themes are some of my favorite starting points for entertaining at home. Cinco de Mayo is all about Mexican dishes, a Moroccan theme takes you to the near East, a pizza party gives you reason to try new variations, and a chili cook-off with a chili bar is a great way to get friends involved in the fun.
Whenever I host a dinner party I can spend weeks pouring over recipes to put together the perfect combination of flavors, textures, and colors. For this Greek themed dinner party I incorporated a modern twist on traditional favorites like spanakopita and baklava. And I used classic ingredients like olives, lamb, feta, nuts, and artichokes to round out the rest of the menu.
The table setting is inspired by the blue waters surrounding Greece, and the white stucco walls of it’s architectural landscape. Any time of year is a good time to visit the Greek islands, don’t you think? Even if it’s just in your dining room flipping through travel sites.
For more travel inspired party ideas check out these authentic Italian dinner party ideas.
Greek party menu
The menu really pulls everything together and you can get all the recipes here.
- Start off with a hummus bar with homemade hummus to welcome guests.
- Include these delicious spanakopita appetizer cups. that are a twist on tradition.
- Serve beet salad as a starter course.
- Make these yummy Greek burgers & tzatziki for your entree. Or for more elegance go with these FANTASTIC lamb chops with goat cheese polenta.
- This Greek couscous is an awesome side dish.
- Delicious and easy baklava cups make an amazing dessert to finish the meal.
Ideas for a Greek themed dinner Party
- As I mentioned above, aqua blue and white are the colors of choice for this party setting. This provides a clean, modern tabletop that’s inviting and makes guests want to linger over good food, wine, and conversation.
- The centerpiece is made up of home decor items in our color palette, and a vase of flowers. I loved the cutouts in the white jars as they looked very Grecian to me. I inserted aqua blue paper inside so that it would peek through the little holes.
- For a whimsical touch I created a menu and place cards using Greek lettering.
- The place cards are leaning against “Greek column ruins.” These are actually from the cake decorating section of the craft store. A little moss is tucked into the end where there’s an opening, and gives it a finished look.